Senior Backend Engineer
Overview of Force and our Engineering Team:
Force is reimagining the way patients recover from injury and surgery. We partner with leading health systems across the U.S. to deliver plans of care to their patients, measure clinical data points and provide actionable insights into care and recovery. We have a direct and immediate feedback loop to our end users (patients and providers) and pride ourselves in being agile and responsive.
Our Engineering team is composed of members across many different engineering disciplines including: front-end, back-end, quality, mobile, devops, security and integrations. We're excited to be hiring a Senior Backend Engineer to work on our small, but passionate, Integrations team. This team is dedicated to implementing our SaaS products into mission-critical health IT environments. Our product runs on AWS and integrates tightly with 3rd party EMR and practice management systems. As a senior member of this team, you’ll contribute to the team’s overall effectiveness, turn blockers into opportunities, and improve team workflows.
Our ideal Senior Backend Engineer has significant professional experience working with web frameworks such as Django. In particular, integrating and working with third party APIs and ETL pipelines to consume and deliver data via the backend. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will work closely with the heads of product and engineering to create the roadmap and direction of the service offering of integrating Force with various third party data sources and provider EHR (electronic health record) systems. You will be working closely with the software development and product teams to build a scalable technology and process that will support and elevate the growth of the company. You will also collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders to spearhead backend data integrations and drive internal process improvements.
- Strong Engineering core skills (data structures & algorithms, coding best practices)
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design and programming
- Experience designing and building secure, scalable, and reliable systems
- Experience building unit tests and unit test frameworks
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Proficient with Git
- 5+ years of professional software design and development experience
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent working experience
- Experience with SaaS backend software development: Django or similar framework. In particular, integrating and working with third party APIs and ETL pipelines to consume and deliver data via the backend.
- A passion for writing clean well tested code
- Self-motivated and self-managing with strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills about complex technical topics
- Multitasker who is able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Partner with internal teams, customers, and vendors on the integration of our platform into hospital management or EMR/EHR systems
- Ensure organizational alignment on end-to-end EHR service, from integration, implementation, to maintenance
- Support sales for key customer accounts, collaborating with IT project managers at large hospital systems
- Work closely with IT and executive stakeholders to deliver software solutions into large healthcare organizations
- Collaborate with the marketing team to optimally position the integrations service for customers and internal stakeholder
- Help us continually improve the end-to-end Agile software development lifecycle
- Make a real, positive difference in other people's lives through your work
- Prioritize multiple tasks intelligently, speak up when you see issues, make a positive contribution to our culture and have fun
Senior Software Engineer
Dec 30 2020
** This is a Remote, Work-from-Home Role in the United States **
** Lead Python Software Engineer - Flask - New Product Development **
This senior API engineer will be a senior lead member of a Scrum team responsible for developing and supporting one of our web-based SaaS offerings. This person will be an expert in Python and have extensive experience designing, refactoring, and supporting enterprise applications. This person must have team and/or project leadership experience, be self-motivated and possess strong communication and coordination skills between Product, Engineering, and QA. This person must be an Agile enthusiast, partnering with the team scrum master to drive sprint success and partnering with the product owner to oversee features and maintenance task execution and address technical debt.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply “one team, full system, whole product” perspective and thinking to lead ownership of architectural integrity, code quality, development project execution, service and support, and releases
- Champion and participate in value delivery through Agile, Scrum and SAFe processes
- Build for quality through code reviews, support of continuous integration and test automation, and the burndown of technical debt
- Define, estimate, code, review, test and document solutions for feature development, maintenance and refactor initiatives
- Install and maintain your individual development environment
- Uphold DIGARC’s software development processes and standards
- Assist in tier-3 support of SaaS-based enterprise product (client issues, performance, data integrity, integration with related applications)
- Handle issue triage independently and by coordinating the efforts of the right team members
- Communicate solution measures with affected departments (Support, Systems, other Product teams)
- Communicate ideas, problems and solutions effectively with the VP of Product Development, the chief architect, other engineers, and across other teams
- Engage other engineers in healthy collaboration about code and processes
- Act as a cross-department communication point person for innovation, continuous improvement and issue status, causes and resolutions
- Self-motivated, high energy, results oriented contributor who thrives in a very fast-paced setting
- Extremely organized with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Creative thinker with proven success in providing solutions to solve business issues
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build rapport and relationships quickly and develop trust with others
- Ability to listen, understand, anticipate needs
- Able to multi-task and deal with shifting priorities
- Proven ability to inspire, motivate and lead others
- Demonstrated aptitude for constantly learning new technologies
- Demonstrated experience with agile development and software development life cycles
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining enterprise SaaS software
- Experience with a noSQL persistence layer
- Understand and troubleshoot the application stack (Python, Angular) and infrastructure on AWS
- Understand, configure, and optimize a full text search
- Troubleshoot an application from all angles (client issues, performance, data integrity)
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems or related Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a software product development environment
- Minimum 6 years of experience designing, building and supporting end-to-end web-based systems for enterprise applications
- 6+ years of professional development in Python on Linux
- 2+ years of professional experience developing RESTful APIs
- Experience developing software hosted in a cloud environment.
- Experience as a software development project leader or technical lead including project planning and execution, staffing, tasking and reporting
- Experience with enterprise software development, maintenance, and processes
- Experience with Agile processes, especially Scrum, Scrumban, or Scaled Agile (SAFe)
- Experience problem-solving with large, complex web-based applications
- Experience with enterprise, web-based data integration including transactions, full CRUD and ETL across business applications
- Experience working in and maintaining a Docker environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
** U.S. Citizenship or ability to work in the United States without sponsorship (currently and in the future) **
All DIGARC employees are expected to display unquestionable integrity in every aspect of work and dealing with others. Respect for diversity and inclusion of all individuals is imperative to our business success and required.
Senior Software Engineer
Dec 29 2020
Senior Software Engineer 12 Month Fixed Term Salary: £38,654 - £42,991
Depending on skills and experience. We may offer an additional 'DigiTec Allowance' of up to £10,000 for candidates who demonstrate a high level of capability during assessment
Can you see yourself working with the latest technologies reaching 49 million users?
If so, we are expanding our team and would love to hear from you! The DVLA deliver wide reaching digital services to the UK public and industry. We maintain the national record of vehicles and drivers. If you have applied for a driving licence, changed vehicle, re-licensed your vehicle or completed a vehicle enquiry you would have used one of our services.
This is an exciting time to join us, as one of the agile, cloud and technological leaders within the government, we are constantly pushing boundaries to find, develop and introduce new and innovative technological advancements. We work with a range of industry leading solutions including serverless, Docker and Kubernetes on a modern cloud platform.
We’ve been creating serverless solutions for several years and currently build enquiry APIs, utility and application services using serverless Node.js and associated technologies. If you think this sounds like a good challenge, please get in touch.
For our core business services, you’ll be working with Java and SpringBoot alongside tools like OpenAPI. You don’t need to be a specialist in Java but you will need a passion for creating clean, maintainable and secure applications using an object-oriented language.
As part of our ongoing mission to support and develop all staff within the DVLA, you will be given a high spec Macbook and we will help you to achieve certification in areas such as AWS and Java, as well as giving you the freedom and support necessary to perform in your role and continuously develop your skill set
Some of the projects you could be working on include:
• New driver and vehicle services, allowing citizens to manage their licences and vehicles
• The DVLA digital payment service that helps us collect around 6 billion pounds a year
• The Tachograph services used to register and maintain data on all the UKs professional drivers
• API’s that allow car retailers to issue registration numbers and capture the registration of all new vehicle sales in the UK.
Include but not limited to
• Work within a technical framework of the project to meet customer requirements
• Develop Software in an agile team environment
• Application Support
• Working closely with business analysts and agile delivery managers to prepare and review user stories and tasks
• Some testing responsibilities
• Mentoring junior developers within the team
Full Role Profile Here
You will be experienced working as a software engineer across multiple teams and projects, developing software using a variety of modern technologies and tools. A passion for Java, font-end development, security or serverless technology. You will need to be comfortable in using modern CI/CD tooling with an understanding of languages such as Java, Ruby, C#, HTML, Python or similar. As we develop we are committed to the development of our employees, so we will help you achieve certification in these areas as well as AWS and Azure so you’d develop with us.
You need to have a passion for modern software development technologies and standard methodologies. You would need to have had to communicate with engineering peers and business partners.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, either click apply or head over to www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk
You will need to provide detailed evidence of your experience of the following sift criteria within your CV and Personal Statement:
• Experience working on one or more large-scale, enterprise software delivery projects.
• Experience in one or more technical specialism such as Java, C#, front-end development or serverless.
• Experience using the AWS cloud platform or an equivalent cloud service provider
Nov 12 2020
Salary: £Negotiable, dependent on experience plus benefits.
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom
Currently set up to work from home
Alcumus are building our Engineering capability and have opportunities for collaborative, innovative Software Developers who will help us transform our technical landscape and continue to improve our customer experience.
You’ll join our growing team focused on building and developing software and digital products that support the business strategy of our internal and external clients in the UK and North America.
This will include leading development of an application that the market is yet to see.
You’ll write & review, performance critical code which sets the foundation of the application, as well as infrastructure and related tools. Continually enhancing our products and internal tools with code reviews, pair programming, and other agile techniques.
We encourage creativity, for you to share your ideas, solutions, and challenge if necessary, that will help us ensure the software delivered is performant, secure and scalable.
We are building our future platform using React on the Front End, Node.js on the Back End, so will expect sound experience in one or both.
The opportunities are great, so we would be looking for those with a practical but disciplined approach to software development. Where you will ultimately take responsibility for the development of reusable, cutting edge applications.
If you are looking for a role where you can solve interesting problems in a modern and flexible work environment, then we would love to hear from you.
The Ideal Candidate:
Our Full Stack Developers, will be able to demonstrate some (not all):
- Sound experience of Nodejs or React
- Mobile First UI development
- A broad knowledge of web technologies and frameworks including HTML5, CSS, WebSockets, WebServices, Events
- Software development experience in an agile/TDD/BDD environment.
- A collaborative, task orientated work approach
- Experience of SQL (MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL or Oracle)
- A focus on continuous improvement
We would also love to see:
- Exposure to Inversion of Control (IoC) programming principals
- Experience of or interest in AWS or Azure, API development, NoSQL, OWASP
- Mentoring or technical leadership experience or a desire to do this going forward
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) – who doesn’t love time off? As recognition of your loyalty, this will increase with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days
- Giving day - an extra day annual leave for you to give back to yourself, your community or support good causes
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for later in life
- Healthcare scheme – your health matters to us so you’ll get access to an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts and the opportunity to claim back a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services. Your dependents under 18 in full time education will also be covered too!
- Life assurance – we will provide you with 3x your base salary for peace of mind
- Access to a rewards platform – you’ll be able to benefit from loads of great discounts and cashback opportunities to make your money go further!
- Enhanced family friendly leave – because family comes first. We offer an enhanced family friendly leave policy to allow you the time and financial peace of mind to enjoy your new arrival, regardless of your gender
- Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a shiny new bike and pay us back in instalments!
- Free fruit – we care about your health & wellbeing so grab a banana, apple or orange on us regardless of if you’re in the office or out in the field
- Free parking on-site – no one wants to pay for parking so you can park on-site at any of our offices around the UK for free
Due to Covid-19 our normal recruitment process has been adapted to ensure the safety of our employee’s and candidates. To ensure the quality and experience of the process is kept at a high standard, you will be thoroughly prepared prior to your interview. Please ensure that you have access to a webcam and laptop/computer so that your interview can take place virtually. Any presentations and assessments will also be completed virtually.
Alcumus are Equal Opportunity and Diversity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Senior Software Engineer
Nov 09 2020
About Epion Health
Epion's purpose is to empower partners and patients to achieve the best healthcare possible.
Epion Health has transformed the doctor's appointment into a personalized digital experience, where patients can share information with their doctor and take ownership of their own health management. We are a mission-driven company that uses technology to solve real healthcare problems for real people throughout the appointment life cycle. Epion is looking for a Senior Ruby On Rails Engineer. You will have an opportunity to be part of dynamic and collaborative culture that is making a difference in healthcare. Epion values teamwork so we use workflow tools and communication platforms to empower employees. Epion was selected to Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in 2019 and 2020.
As a Senior Ruby On Rails Engineer, you'll work on a closely-knit team with a technology stack built with Ruby on Rails 6, React, RSpec and PostgreSQL. We like to work with modern technologies, always try to do what is best for the customer and we value teamwork rather than rock stars or cowboys.
Lead the technical design and development of major components to help the Epion platform scale with our accelerating user growth.
Actively promote code quality, security, and maintainability
Build new features to improve patient experience and medical staff efficiency
Work with stakeholders to help shape our product roadmap
Work closely with QA to produce well-tested and testable code
Pair program with team members of different experiences
Be a mentor when you have the expertise / Be a student when someone else does
Required Experience or Skills
To be a good fit for this position, we expect you to have these skills:
Expert knowledge of automated testing techniques
Ability to write, review, and reason about both backend and frontend code
Great communication, particularly in explaining your coding processes, suggestions for best practices, and identifying ways to improve the team's coding quality
Optional Skills & Experience
You'll be a stronger candidate if you also have skills in several of these areas:
Experience in a startup environment with a lot of autonomy
Experience working with a distributed team
Continuous Integration (we use Circle CI)
Understanding and commitment to Agile processes
Compliance frameworks such as HIPAA, HITRUST, or PCI
Healthcare standards such as HL7, FHIR, or SNOMED
Swift or other iOS development
Amazon Web Services
Application and Infrastructure Security
DevOps (we use Docker, DataDog, Sumologic, Aptible and CircleCI)
Software team leadership
We'd love to know about your skills that aren't on this list, too!
Competitive salary with health benefits including medical, dental and vision
Latest Apple products for your working needs
Reimbursement options for classes or conferences
Gym membership discount (Crunch Gym is in our building)
Due to contractual limits, this opening requires a US citizen physically located within the United States
We prefer local candidates to either our Hoboken, NJ or North Andover, MA offices
Will consider remote for the right hire
Remote Senior Software Engineer, C# / .NET
Oct 03 2020
-We are not working with third parties at this time; any resumes from vendors will result in removal from our vendor list.
-We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
-This position is fully remote, with the option to work out of our Orange County CA office following Covid-19.
Verys is a multi-disciplined technology delivery firm that offers a strategic approach to building software through user-centered design, modern development architecture, business alignment all wrapped up in a structured agile environment. We build software to be proud of for clients like Blizzard, American Airlines, Kia, and Experian.
Right now, we’re looking to welcome a new Senior Software Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will work alongside technical leads, developers, QA analysts, and project managers to deliver the quality code that’s lead to our stable growth over the last 8 years.
If you are excited by solving complex challenges and growing your career within an innovative software services company, we’d love to hear from you!
Skills & Requirements
- You’re smart, versatile, and passionate about delivering the highest caliber of code.
- You communicate well with teammates and clients, and your experience backs that up.
- You are highly skilled with C# / .NET Core
- You have strong cloud experience with AWS or Azure
- You're experienced with scalable and high availability systems
- You have solid database experience (SQL, Stored procedures)
- You’ve thrived on teams using the Agile methodology
- Ideally, you have experience building web services and microservices
- You have at least 5 years of similar experience under your belt.
- Competitive compensation based on your skills
- Learning resources like Udemy, Saisoft, and internal development meetups
- An awesome culture with opportunities to meet like-minded people
- Philanthropic events to get involved in the community
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible hours and paid time off
- 401K matching
We are excited to review your application!
Senior Backend Software Engineer
Sep 25 2020
We are an insurtech company where smart people can see the impact of their work as we tackle meaningful problems together. We think it’s fun to disrupt an industry that has been slow to change. But we aren’t shaking things up for the sake of change, we’re here to solve big problems using technology and an innovative approach to improve how small business owners access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs, so at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us. We hire passionate people who like to work hard, yet we also know that life exists outside the office. Small businesses are the backbone of the economy; talented team members are the backbone of Pie. We are pie-oneering a whole new approach to insurance.
As a Senior Engineer at Pie Insurance, you’ll be a member of one of the teams within engineering that are responsible for delivering platforms and applications that are transforming the commercial insurance market.How You’ll Do It
Senior Engineers are innovative, driven by engineering excellence and create code that is a joy for other engineers to maintain and is highly testable. Rapid problem-solving is one of your core competencies. You’ll be collaborating with other world-class engineers to drive automation, leverage our analytics, and create awe-inspiring user experiences. The systems you develop will be large and must be highly resilient. This is a dynamic startup environment; you must love working on a design in the morning and performing root cause analysis on a production issue in the afternoon.
You will be joining our team in downtown Denver, specifically LoDo within walking distance from Union Station. Everything we do is connected: we need you to be a strong communicator and a doer.
The Right Stuff
- 5-8 years of industrial strength engineering development and delivery of large scale systems that had rigorous systemic quality requirements and/or delightful user interfaces
- Have created software design and can make appropriate trade-offs
- Deep understanding of open source frameworks and tools to shorten development efforts
- Have worked extensively in an Agile/SCRUM development methodology
- Have worked in CI/CD Environments
- Be a critical thinker, without over thinking
- Must be adaptable. We are a startup and you need to thrive in a highly dynamic environment.
- If you are a server-side developer you’ll need the following skills:
- Deep knowledge of procedural programming languages such as C# or Java, network protocols, specifically HTTP, and JSON. We are a .NET Core shop.
- Strong knowledge of NoSQL databases, specifically MongoDB, Web Sockets, messaging systems, specifically RabbitMQ.
- Ideally, developed RESTful APIs
- If you are more a user interface developer, you’ll need the following skills:
- API Integration Experience
- Experience creating applications using responsive design
- Competitive Salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock grants)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Take-as-you-need PTO – Salaried
- 3 weeks paid vacation – Hourly
- 7 days of paid sick leave – Hourly
- Commute Allowance
- 401k Match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Monthly Happy Hours
- Generous Parental Leave
Pie is a place where you can build a career while making a real impact on our company and the small businesses we serve. When you join Pie, you join a team of people who truly care about our customers and the work they do. If you are energized by a high-growth, fast-paced environment and are looking to do meaningful work, we want to hear from you! Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.Our AchievementsPie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020Pie Insurance Raises $45M Series B TrustpilotGlassdoor
Aug 06 2020
Today’s virtual training environments are segmented and simplistic—the opposite of the real-world’s complex and integrated cyber battlefield. When even the most subtle input can influence every other facet of an operation, the one-dimensional training provided to our armed forces is not only outdated, it flat-out fails to equip them to outpace the operational tempo of the rapidly-evolving multi-domain battlefield. In the virtual arena, new threats emerge every day. IDS provides the tools for warfighters and cyber operators not just to prepare for them, but to anticipate the risks and to be ready for them when they arrive.
Social Media Environment and Internet Replication (SMEIR™), a product of IDS International Government Services, is a digital training solution that provides a full-range, free-play, immersive, realistic and scalable operational practice environment in which warfighters simultaneously train on full-spectrum cyberspace operations and social media analytics during integrated and multi-dimensional exercises.
- Follow the software development lifecycle (SDLC) to plan, design, build, test, and deploy software applications, ranging from websites and mobile applications to web applications, video games, and back end API architecture.
- In addition to creating new software, improve and maintain the working order of existing software.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience with:
- Building and using RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with Microservice Architecture.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional, related experience.
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with:
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Dev/Ops Experience with Linux, BASH, Python.
IDS’s competitive benefit package starts you off out on the right foot. Eligibility begins day one.
- Health and Well-being - 100% of employee medical and other insurance premiums are paid by IDS.
- Financial Future – 401(k) with an industry leading match and no waiting period. You are fully vested in all contributions from the start.
- Paid Leave - Generous time off accruals for you to take paid leave, totaling five weeks.
- Professional Development – networking opportunities, informal mentoring, education reimbursement and access to thousands of online professional development resources.
- Casual, fun, and supportive work environment with all the tools and amenities you need to thrive.
Must be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing. Most positions require ability to work on a desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time. Computer activities include reading, reviewing and analyzing information, as well as providing recommendations, summaries, and reports in written or verbal format. Additionally, positions require ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; as well as speak and hear.
Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.
If you are unable to apply through the portal and need to speak to someone about necessary accommodations to apply, please email email@example.com and we will follow up with you. Do not submit resumes and applications through this email.
Senior Software Engineer
Jul 13 2020
In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America.
We’re just getting started.
About the team:
The Web Product Team develops and maintains websites and applications for our ever growing number of vertical sites for brands such as Web Summit, Collision and others. Our Web Developers work with Design, Content, Product and Engineering teams, creating world class user experiences, connecting attendees across the globe and testing website concepts on an array of different devices. While they focus on our larger sites, they flex skills and try out new technologies on any number of interactive pieces and side projects.
Due to increased demands, we are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to take the reins on new products.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll take the lead on the design and architecture of a new suite of products
- You'll work in a small team of web developers, driving technical direction and decision making.
- You’ll participate in website design and wireframing, development and maintenance, content editing and publishing, taking the lead on certain projects.
- You’ll work in a collaborative environment liaising directly with various departments across the business to generate world-class web content.
- You’ll provide support to the digital team with display advertising design and other ad-hoc projects.
Who you are:
- You are highly motivated and passionate about coding and technology in general.
- You have strong architectural experience, building out world class products from conception to delivery.
- You are comfortable taking a project from initial specs to completion, dealing with project managers and stakeholders.
- You can gather requirements from specific teams and turn them into technical specs.
- You love working in a fast-paced environment with varied and rapidly changing goals.
- You have experience building custom sites on WordPress or other CMS platforms. You relish the challenge of learning new programming languages and technologies on the job.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience in a commercial Frontend/WebDev role.
- You've led teams and projects, from concept to delivery.
- The ability to write clean, responsive code without using a framework.
- Demonstrable experience developing websites, applications and CMS.
- Experience with WordPress, specifically custom theming/plugin development.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical teams.
- Git/BitBucket or other version control experience.
- Grunt/Gulp experience within complex applications a plus
Senior Full-stack Engineer
May 07 2020
SemanticBits is looking for a senior full-stack engineer to lead building modern digital health services. The project involves implementing highly interactive and modern web interfaces with React that will be used by healthcare providers across the country. The system is backed by Node business services implemented in a microservices paradigm. Some of these services will be exposed for public consumption and some are used for enterprise integration. The system will support upwards of tens of thousands of concurrent users. The project will be implemented using an Agile, Scrum-based process that includes Sprint Planning/Review/Retrospectives and daily stand-ups. The team uses human-centered design to implement highly modern, usable interfaces. This position is open to a senior to principal professional that ideally has technical leadership experience.
- Minimum 8 years experience developing front-end web user interfaces with React
- Experience with designing RESTful backend microservices and developing them using Node.js
- Experience with build tools like webpack, npm, and gulp/grunt
- Experience with Test-Driven Development using automated testing frameworks such as Jest, Sinon, and Enzyme
- Experience ensuring your code builds and deploys properly through Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment processes built in Jenkins
- Expertise working as part of a dynamic, interactive Agile team developing and delivering digital services
- Ability to work with and coordinate with other developers using digital tools such as Slack Experience with version control tools, such as Git
- Knowledge of modern design patterns and building enterprise-grade production applications
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Candidate must reside in the United States
- Bachelor's degree in technological or related field and a minimum of 8+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years experience
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
Nice to Have:
- Experience as technical lead of a high performing Scrum team preferred but not required
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Prior experience working remotely full-time
- Experience with database integration, relational (PostgreSQL) preferred
- Experience with SASS/SCSS or css-in-js type approaches for stylesheets highly preferred
- Experience with AWS and Docker highly preferred
Physical and emotional requirements for the job:
This position is to be performed remotely from an individual’s home office and involves sedentary work. Employees in this role can be expected to exert up to 10 pounds of force on occasion in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move standard electronic equipment. Employees are expected to make decisions in a timely manner and display emotional intelligence during occasional stressful situations.
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee's contribution
- 100% paid short-term and long-term disability
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual working environment
- Flexible office hours
- New laptop (Mac or PC - your choice)
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.
Apr 24 2020
SemanticBits is looking for a full-stack engineer to help us build modern digital health services that are used to support the Center’s for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) Quality Payment Program (QPP). The project involves implementing highly interactive and modern web interfaces with Angular that will be used by healthcare providers across the country. The system is backed by Node business services implemented in a microservices paradigm. The application uses a MySQL database. The project will be implemented using an Agile, Scrum-based process that includes Sprint Planning/Review/Retrospectives and daily stand-ups. The team uses human-centered design to implement highly modern, usable interfaces.
- Be part of a dynamic, highly-independent Scrum team following the standard Scrum ceremonies in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment
- Work with the Product Owner and Scrum Master to break down requirements into technical tasks
- Take ownership of various user stories and work with the development team to manage dependencies on the QPP Program
- Collaborate with members of other teams to address integration needs and/or other interdependencies
- Assist with the release management process
- Assist team members in any way necessary to meet team commitments
- Expertise working as part of a dynamic, interactive Agile team developing and delivering digital services
- Minimum 3 years experience developing front-end web user interfaces with Angular
- Experience with integrating with RESTful backend microservices using Node.js(+typescript)
- Experience with AWS highly preferred, along with Docker
- Experience with build tools like webpack, npm, and gulp/grunt
- Experience with Test-Driven Development using automated testing frameworks such as Mocha, Karma, Jasmine, Sinon, and/or Protractor
- Experience ensuring your code builds and deploys properly through Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment processes, built in Jenkins or a comparable tool
- Ability to work with and coordinate with other developers using digital tools such as Slack
- Experience with version control tools, such as Git
- Knowledge of modern design patterns and building enterprise-grade production applications
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Benefits Competitive base salary Three weeks of PTO Ten paid holiday days Comprehensive health benefits (medical with HSA option, dental, and vision) Professional development and training reimbursement 401k retirement plan with matching benefit 100% paid short-term and long-term disability 100% paid life insurance Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) Casual working environment Flexible working hours SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.