Spark Developer at DCTech startup using location data for Impact
Nov 26 2020
X-Mode Social, Inc. is looking for a full-time Back-End Engineer (Spark Developer) to work on X-Mode's data platform and join our rapidly growing team. We are looking for someone who is excited to solve complex location challenges and ready to contribute significantly to new feature development on our AWS multi-petabyte data pipeline.
This position is full-time remote (anywhere in the U.S.). Please note that at this time, X-Mode is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Use big data technologies, processing frameworks, and platforms to solve complex problems related to location
- Build, improve, and maintain data pipelines that ingest billions of data points on a daily basis
- Efficiently query data and provide data sets to help Sales and Client Success teams' with any data evaluation requests
- Ensure high data quality through analysis, testing, and usage of machine learning algorithms
WHO YOU ARE:
- 1+ years of Spark and Scala experience
- Experience working with very large databases and batch processing datasets with hundreds of millions of records
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem, e.g. Spark, Hive, or Presto/Athena
- Experience with SQL based data architectures
- 1+ years Linux experience
- 1 years working with cloud services, ideally in AWS (EMR, Cloudwatch, EC2, Athena, Hive, etc)
- Self-motivated learner who is willing to self-teach and can maintain a team-centered outlook
- Self-directed and comfortable working on a remote team
- Strong curiosity about new technologies and a desire to always use the best tools for the job
- Experience at a startup or comfortable working in highly dynamic/ fast-paced environment
- BONUS: GIS/Geospatial tools/analysis and any past experience with geolocation data
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Cool people, solving cool problems.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Generous PTO policy & paid holidays
- We value your input. This is a chance to get in on the "ground floor" of a growing company
At X-Mode, we’re excited about building a diverse team and creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, and we encourage all applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status to apply
Nov 17 2020
- Strong expertise and experience working with Python and Django
- Strong experience with security automation (Splunk)
- Experience deploying services on AWS (Certification preferred)
- Strong Experience with ECS, EC2, Lambda, RDS
- Experience with API based architectures (SOA, micro-services)
- Experience writing high-quality unit tests
- Solid grasp of cloud security concepts and best practices
- Team lead experience
Nice to have:
- Experience with security frameworks (e.g. Phantom)
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with Postresql and proficient at SQL data modelling
- Experience working with front end JS frameworks (React, Angular, Vue)
- Familiar/involved with open source projects
- Experience with working remotely
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Problem solver
- Proactive attitude
- Get the chance to work with big brands like Riot Games (League of Legends), Sony, Fox Broadcasting, Kaplan Inc. (top education company), Coinbase (#1 crypto exchange), BeachBody (#1 fitness company), etc.
- Work from anywhere as part of a community of digital nomads.
- Live and work in one of our roaming hacker houses (X-Outposts) around the world:
- Be part of the most energizing community for developers in the world by participating in our Seasons, a 3-month experience filled with challenges, rewards, RPGs, competitions, and more, all centered around a theme that will inspire and energize you.
- Get $2,500 per year (Unleash+) to spend on doing more of what you love and staying energized. Use it on conferences, courses, video games, photography gear, music gear, cooking gear, a gym membership, adventure sports, baby/pet sitting, productivity apps, restaurants, coworking, movie tickets, headphones, etc.
DevOps engineer for Esports
Sep 17 2020
Note: Applicants need to have a Google account in order to upload files. We apologise for this inconvenience.
We are looking for an experienced development operations engineer to help us build a competitive match platform for Esports players and fans.
We appreciate managers who express themselves deeply and speak clearly. Working on early-stage products excites you and you love collaborating with the product team to find the best solutions for the product. You understand that this is a team sport and that we can only win together. If you are passionate about gaming, Esports and working with app development, you will have a blast working with us.
What we expect
- Good written and spoken English
- Availability during European business hours
- A minimum of three years prior experience in the software development industry
- A deep understanding of fundamental web technologies and Linux operating system
- Experience of doing deployments with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Familiar with PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Redis databases
- Experience in deploying and monitoring production-level web applications with tools like Grafana, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Kibana
- Familiar with infrastructure as code tools like Cloudformation, Terraform or Ansible
- Experience with software tools like Jira and GitHub
- Enjoying playing competitive video games, like DOTA2 and Call of Duty
We’d love to see most of the skill set described. However, we also consider individuals with a passion for the gaming industry and project management who have the potential and drive to grow.
You will be
- Building, improving and operating resilient systems at scale
- Maintaining a reliable deployment process
- Designing and implementing tools and processes that provide feedback and improve visibility for all engineers
- Create efficient, reliable infrastructure with code
- Actively work with product and development teams to improve the effectiveness of process, tools and people
- Report to the team lead
What we offer
- Working in the video game industry
- Well established, fully remote working company of 40 co-workers
- Flexibility in setting on your own schedule and travels
- Yearly compensation in the range of $30,000 - $75,000 (non-US residents need to work as subcontractors and invoice through their own business name and pay any applicable local taxes and social welfare costs from the compensation)
- Our perks include remote and flexible work hours, monthly wellness allowance, book credits, bonus opportunities, paid national holidays, paid vacation time (PTO), and gaming Fridays.