Remote Software Engineer in Test- Product
Who We Are
Our story might surprise you. We’re the world’s largest restaurant company—encompassing KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell—but there’s a lot more going on behind the scenes than just frying chicken, baking pizzas, and serving up tacos. We put this delicious food in the hands of customers through apps, websites, kiosks, POS, and other digital dining experiences – and we are only getting started. Here in Chicago and Plano, we’re building out a bold team of hackers to help Yum! Brands deliver the next generation of software to 49,000 restaurants in more than 145 countries. That’s a huge responsibility, which is why we’re on a mission to find the most fearless engineers to join our software startup within Yum!.
Yum!'s vision for the future is simple: a world with more Yum!: with our iconic brands in more places, and more ways for consumers to access them. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled talent and culture, which fuels our results. And like all companies who win consistently, our brands, employees, and franchisees will need to continually adjust to stay relevant now and in the future. The software we’re building does just that: it serves people in new ways to make team members more productive and customers happier.
What We Need
Our dynamic eCommerce Platform team is rapidly growing as we optimize our digital ordering channels and technology innovations to create competitive advantages for our restaurants around the globe. We are seeking a Software Engineer in Test who will be responsible for creating and implementing an automated test framework for our eCommerce platform. In this role, you will work as part of a scrum delivery team to ensure that automated tests are in place that assure functionality works as expected from the moment it is released.
- Develop automated regression tests for new & existing functionality
- Report to a QA Manager, but work day-to-day embedded in a scrum team
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities for your scrum team
- Contribute to internally built test frameworks
- Identify, record, and document defects identified within our products
- A bachelor’s in CS, CIS, engineering, or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge in CS fundamentals and coding, familiar with general data structure, algorithm and pattern designs.
- Experience with software development and/or QA automation
- Strong experience developing/testing Restful APIs
- Experience in building api tests using the Mocha test framework is a plus
- Experience in building ui tests using the Playwright framework is a plus
- Good exposure to writing functional, integration, component, contract, and end-to-end tests
- Strong communication skills
- Experience and comfort with agile development process
- Requirements analysis skills and experience
A Few Of Our Perks
- 4 weeks of vacation PLUS holidays 5 sick days
- 2 paid volunteer days
- 401k matching
- Medical, dental, vision
- Life insurance
- Half day Fridays
- Generous parental leave
- A world-famous recognition culture
DevOps / SysAdmin Associate for Enterprise Healthcare Software
Nov 27 2020
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will explore and apply industry leading deployment models, processes, and tools, while helping to push the boundaries of medical IT in new and exciting directions. Through the use of automated provisioning, containerization, and cloud, you will create dynamic solutions that fit our continually evolving needs.
Your assistance to customer IT departments around the globe will ensure smooth operation and continuity of service. Planning and assisting with deployments, diagnosing and resolving issues, and documenting outcomes will be crucial in meeting our desire for outstanding customer experiences.
Your creation and execution of deployment testing strategies will provide assurance of product reliability and scalability, preparing us to deliver products and services to some of the busiest clinical settings in the world.
Your work with teammates at Cohesic will enable the design and implementation of utilities and services that enable successful growth of the organization, while helping to expand our customer base.
Required Background and Expertise for Success in This Role
- Linux experience a must, preferably Red Hat / CentOS Linux
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in IT or related field
- At least one of:
- Systems automation tools, such as Ansible and Terraform
- Programming experience with Bash, Python, or Go
- Strong communication skills, able to interact with co-workers and customers at varying technical levels of discourse
- Authorization to work in Canada (or in country of residence if remote)
Bonus Expertise for Extra Points!
- Familiarity with virtual machines and containerization
- Security/systems hardening experience
- Practiced in providing technical support, preferably customer-facing
- Bachelor of Information Technology or technical degree
- Experience in a regulated industry
Our Team Values
At Cohesic, we value: grit, the ability to persevere despite setbacks; respect, for our coworkers, our customers, and ourselves; continuous learning, the mentality that any experience, good or bad, is an opportunity for growth; empowerment, enabling and encouraging autonomy and self-organization with the power to make change; and trust, to know that everyone is working together towards a common goal.
Software Developer in Test
Nov 02 2020
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity to lead the test automation effort in one of our agile development teams during an exciting period of hyper-growth. You will work closely with the Product Manager, Lead Developer to architect and deliver automated test solutions which help Time Doctor to scale and support its rapidly growing user base. All of this will be achieved through your ability to both deliver test automation, and communicate effectively with our talented remote-first engineering teams. You will benefit from significant autonomy and work with a modern tech stack on a product with traction and significant growth opportunities.
- Expand our current test automation and test coverage, and enhance it through your knowledge of test automation
- Collaborate with all team members in product and engineering level to understand how new features should be tested and contribute to the delivery of automated tests
- Develop new tests for the Time Doctor frontend, backend API's and services (Unit, Integration, end-to-end and performance testing)
- Configure automated tests to execute reliably and efficiently in CI/CD environments
- Lead and promote test automation and quality within the Time Doctor cloud team
- Working closely with the product development team and other internal teams to understand the software requirements and ensure quality is a key consideration
- Helping establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that we’re using industry best practice
- Participating in all aspects of quality assurance, including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
Required Skills & Experience
- You will have a few years experience working in a node development environment as a hands on engineer or a software automation developer in test
- You will have significant experience and success delivering products in a SaaS environment during the growth phase
- You will have countless examples of how you’ve inspired development teams to improve quality
- You will have worked closely with Product Managers to understand and deliver features that contribute to their vision
- You will be an expert in a test automation toolset that compliments a team working with Angular/Node.js/ MongoDB, most importantly, you will be someone who thrives on learning and adapting to new technologies
- You will be seeking a remote-first role and thrive in such an environment
- You will have experience of working as part of a team delivering test automation through a CI/CD pipeline regularly delivering code to production (ideally in a SaaS company)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies on software development teams
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Strong communication skills and the ability to contribute to technical discussions
Our vision is to be the most trusted time-tracking and productivity application for remote teams. We help companies and employees do their best work. We’re looking for people passionate about spreading the practice of remote work with all of the benefits that come with it. We believe that office life is antiquated, that geography shouldn’t limit your career prospects, and that people should be able to work from wherever they want.
We’re a diverse global team of over 100 people working 100% remotely in over 30 different countries. We’re looking for an innovative software quality engineer ready to help us modernize remote work. Learn more about us here: https://www.timedoctor.com/about-us.html
Apply to Position
Senior Software Engineer in Test
Sep 25 2020
We believe that QA is more about communication and collaboration rather than documentation and processes and because of that, our Software Engineers in Test are following a holistic approach.
In reference to the product, you will work closely with product managers to ensure the team builds the proper software that reaches company goals and brings value to its users. In reference to engineering, you will support fast and reliable delivery of software, leading and coordinating software assessment and testing activities. Last but not least, in your team, you will lead process transformations to improve quality, mentoring your teammates for better testing.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- You will be able to use your knowledge to bring a huge impact on how we design the team’s approach to the quality of the product.
- You will work closely with the product team, stakeholders, and users from the preliminary planning work, understand the product very well, from different perspectives, and have a holistic view over it. Plan and deliver new features.
- You will encourage and teach developers to craft and implement tests in the most efficient way. Ensure high-level testability or coverage, sufficient monitoring solutions, and debugging mechanisms. Work to maintain and improve our automated test suites.
- You will build tools and libraries to simplify the development and improve the quality of the work.
- You must have proven knowledge of OOP, databases, development, and test methodologies.
- Understand core software testing concepts, paradigms, and approaches.
- Experience with the Ruby testing ecosystem RSpec, Watir, Cucumber.
- Experience with architecture focused on service or microservices is a plus.
- Eagerness to do what is needed to get things done, including tackling different responsibilities for a period of time.
- Ownership. You take responsibility for the success of the engineering teams.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- Capable of training your team on software testing.
- Self-organization. No one will tell you exactly how to work.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- You must have a focus on details.
- Critical thinking and enthusiastic skepticism.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal.
PowerInbox is looking for a QA Software Analyst
Jul 19 2020
Join our growing Quality Assurance group to make sure our product is bug-free. Assist all QA aspects of our product with manual testing as well as updating and writing test cases.
*This job is fully remote with the possibility to work from our NYC office*
If you join us, what will you do?
- Tasked with common QA roles including reviewing and interpreting requirements, creating test plans/cases, and creating/maintaining automated tests while also executing manual test cases as needed
- Participate in the creation and execution of Test Cases and Test Plans
- Verify issues submitted by other parties
- Review developer's automated unit and integration tests to identify improvements and gaps in developer-owned tests
- Run manual tests to ensure requirements coverage in new functionality along with regression tests for existing functionality
In order to be great at your job, you’ll need
- A “QA mentality”- the ability to accurately identify and reproduce defects through verbal and written methods of communication
- 5+ years prior experience in a QA Role with a product that is provisioned over the Web or is a hosted SaaS solution
- Experience collaborating with developers to maximize test coverage between the developer’s own tests and the QA testing effort
- Knowledge of common QA Practices
- Experience with automation frameworks/automated tests
- Knowledge of an object oriented and/or scripting knowledge such as: C#, Ruby, Python, Java, etc..
- Proven past experience with REST API testing and the common tools associated with it
- Knowledge of defect tracking systems (such as JIRA) and test case management systems
- Experience working in a mixed environment and be able to excel at multiple languages and frameworks
- Experience working with Outsourced testing resources
This is extra, but if you have it, it will make us happy
- Experience in working remotely
- Knowledge of/interest in the digital and AdTech landscape
- Experience working in small companies
- Experience with message based systems
- Experience with QASymphony Software Platform
- Experience working with different time zones
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS
Why We Are
Personalization is key and we at PowerInbox believe that email is not meant to be stationary and static, but relevant and filled with dynamic content and advertisements.
What We Are
We at PowerInbox boost your revenue and brand engagement through real-time advertising, and native ad displays.
Who We Are
We are a digital monetization startup ecosystem that is always open to new talent
If interested please send your resume to email@example.com
Sr. Software Engineer in Test/QA Manager
Jun 27 2020
About the Role
This individual is responsible for our QA process, test plan creation, test automation and executing tests. This system will be built from the ground up so we’re looking for an individual contributor who can also help grow the team.
Why work at Vidaloop?
- Make an impact
- Grow with an early-stage startup
- Thrive in a flexible, autonomous environment
- Work with a modern tech stack
What You’ll Do
- Develop test automation infrastructure, both frontend and backend
- System integration test design and execution
- Manually test the places automated tests can’t reach
- Identify system regressions
- Production readiness & release
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of relevant software testing experience in fast paced environments
- Familiar with our tech stack
- Experience with automation frameworks
- Experience with build tools like: Jenkins, CircleCI, or GitLab
- Experience automating tests for REST APIs
- Experience writing large scale test and integration suites
- Comfortable on any *nix command line
- Excellent understanding of blockchain fundamentals
- Experience testing blockchain networks and/or products
- Security testing experience such as penetration testing, static and dynamic code analysis, compliance testing and load testing
- Thrive in early-stage startup environment
- Demonstrated leadership ability and personal accountability
- Self-motivated and resourceful individual
- Curious, life long learner who enjoys solving interesting problems
- Bonus: Politically and socially engaged; excited about elections industry
Perks of the Job
- Robust health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with employer contributions
- Generous PTO, sick, and parental leave
- Flexible work hours
- Fully-stocked kitchen, including beer & wine
- Technologically advanced environment