A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform for Latam that enables any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users' financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latam financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate and driven team. We have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City and São Paulo and the majority of the tech team works remotely.
We are tackling a very challenging problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
You can read more about us and why we’re doing what we’re doing here and here.
About the team:
- We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
- Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
- We are pragmatic and customer focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
- We communicate transparently. We do weekly all hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
- We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us there's no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3pm and 6pm, CEST timezone.
- Also we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures and YCombinator
The experience team is building applications and services that expose end-users' financial information through a set of public-facing, easy to use APIs. In addition to that, we take care of the Developer Experience through documentation, SDKs, examples and other developer-facing tools.
- Lead the architecture, design and implementation of Backend services and APIs powering Belvo FinTech infrastructure.
- Coordinate technical execution with other team members. Envision solutions collaboratively and coordinate their execution as a team, addressing technical and coordination issues.
- Mentor other engineers and be a force multiplier.
- Build excellent documentation, SDKs, client libraries. Continuously improve the “developer experience” of Belvo’s platform
- Be customer-focused, think as a user of our APIs. Proactively tackle potential improvements and customer pain points.
- Carefully manage API retro compatibility, document API changes and implement deprecation plans
- Implement automated quality assurance and monitoring modules
You can be part of the gang if:
- 6+ years of experience as a Software Engineer, of which 2+ as a tech lead
- Strong experience designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Strong professional experience with Python and Django.
- Willingness to solve challenging problems
- Fintech and SaaS past experience
- Experience building large-scale platforms with global reach.
Our tech stack:
- We’re building our platform using modern technologies, putting the focus on reliability and long-term maintainability
- We primarily use Python on the backend. We use battle-tested technologies such as Django, and we are heavy users of Python’s asyncio for some parts of our stack
- We run our infrastructure on top of Amazon Web Services, leveraging managed services. We tend to favor the use of managed services wherever possible, in order to focus on our business problems
- We observe and monitor our services using Datadog
- We follow Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices
1.8km from the beach
Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
Flexible working hours
Meals, transport, and kindergarten via flexible compensation scheme
Paid time off on your birthday
Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings
Team building events
Bank holidays swap inside the same month
Fitness/ wellness stipends
Senior Software Engineer, Python
Genesys Cloud hosts thousands of customer organizations with hundreds of thousands of users, and we’re growing exponentially! The Genesys Cloud Core Platform Team develops and maintains the microservices that provide the core functionality of the platform, and our rapid growth means we need to grow the team. We take security and stability seriously, so we're looking for someone who is committed to high standards of data protection and privacy, who knows how to build rock-solid infrastructure, and who can work with other dev teams to deliver new features that delight customers.
- Develop and deploy highly-available, fault-tolerant software that will help drive improvements towards the features, reliability, performance, and efficiency of the Genesys Cloud platform.
- Work with development partners to shape the architecture, design, and implementations of new and existing systems to enhance their reliability, performance, efficiency, and scalability.
- Design and implement major changes and new features
- Identify bottlenecks and problems throughout the infrastructure.
- Actively review code, mentor junior development staff, and provide peer feedback.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to identify and resolve pain points as well as evangelize best practices.
- Troubleshoot production issues and come up with solutions as required.
- Understand & comply with PCI, HIPAA security and privacy laws.
- Experience developing web applications using Django, DRF, aiohttp, flask, or other Python framework.
- An understanding of when and how to optimize web applications.
- Experience with creating and using REST APIs.
- Experience developing / managing / working with CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong understanding of Linux, AWS, and networking concepts.
- Ability to rapidly learn new software, frameworks, open source tools and development languages.
- 5+ years software development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related work experience.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, national origin, genetics, disability, military and veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Backend Software Engineer, Creator Tooling
At actio, we are committed to helping people improve their well-being through the development of healthy habits. Actio sessions are hard to skip — we call all participants — which helps further our goal of pulling people out of their daily routine in order to engage them with high-quality and well-designed experiences.
Our core technology must orchestrate dynamic audio/video calls which change depending on the class requirements. Creating and configuring classes in an error-free way requires a performant & joyful mobile-friendly user interface that is powered by a fast and reliable API. We’re looking for someone to build such a tool with us .
Interested? Apply here on Stack Overflow at email@example.com.
About the job
- Providing a fast, reliable, and nice-to-use API for the Creator Tooling
- Taking an active part in product development, working together with Product, Design, Mobile and Web Engineers
- Developing well-tested business processes and user-flows
- Solid experience with designing and building REST APIs on Python + Django & DRF stack
- Automated tests are part of your regular workflow
- Hands-on experience in working with AWS or other cloud providers
- Eye for details in business-critical areas
- Experience in “Infrastructure as Code” tools
- Experience in monitoring, incident handling and 24x7
- 4-days working week
- Testing sessions with actio coaches
- Remote work is an option (timezone: CET/CEST, GMT+1)
- Salary range: 45k-70k€ gross per year (depending on seniority)