Senior Data Architect
Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life.
Our customers have been asking for us to deliver a digital product experience that is as meaningful as the physical product experience they already get from Lovevery. We are looking for an experienced Data Architect with graph database experience who is passionate about building systems to efficiently store and retrieve large amounts of dynamic data as well as optimizing our existing ETL and data processes.
The following attributes in a candidate are paramount:
- Architectural (Data) Vision – Lovevery’s co-founders and investors have big plans for how the brand can help families digitally, and it is up to you to architect and deliver the data pipeline and storage elements of the platform to achieve the company’s vision. You will do it all in a way that lays the groundwork for a scalable offering of digital products to create an extraordinary and unmatched experience for our users.
- Pragmatism – You will be building new digital products in this role, and you will also be rearchitecting eCommerce, data and analytics platforms, stitching together solutions to create the best experience in the most pragmatic way. You must have the ability to look beyond the current technology stack to get things done.
- Humble Hustle - This role requires both vision and the ability to execute. It is not just designing systems but also being a part of the implementation team.
- Quality-Focused - You will be a champion for building things in a robust and scalable way and developing a test suite to prevent regressions that will impact customers' experience with Lovevery.
- Business-Minded - You will define the ideal technical solution and at the same time articulate the building blocks and roadmap to that solution while working with the broader digital product team to articulate business trade-offs for each roadmap item.
- Strong collaboration - We’ve built a world-class team with passionate individuals who work well together and we only want to make the team even better. You must be able to communicate, collaborate, and work well with others from all different functions within the organization.
We are obsessed with giving families the best products and content for early childhood, and this is an important role in making that happen at Lovevery. This role will report directly to the Senior Director of Digital Products and will grow with the company as the team scales. This is a strategic position for us, and we are only interested in top candidates who can grow with the business and can serve as a technical leader as the company grows.
If you are an experienced Data Architect with graph database experience and you have a passion for early childhood, you could be amazing in this role and be part of something special.
- Design, architect, refine, optimize and deliver a cloud-based data architecture to efficiently store and retrieve large amounts of dynamic data as well as optimize our existing ETL and data processes. The data platform architecture is a critical aspect of the entire digital team’s delivery of the product vision, roadmap, strategy and analytics.
- Work with the analytics team and business stakeholders to understand data requirements and current use cases, with a continual drive towards providing clearer and more accurate and actionable data.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems as well as make technical recommendations on make vs buy decisions.
- Mentor and pair with mid-level and junior software engineers in order to develop their skills and understanding of the data architecture, platform, code, programming languages and frameworks employed within the Lovevery platform.
- Lead efforts to migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts.
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new elements.
- Optimize new and current database systems.
- Define security and backup procedures.
- Design and implement data storage and removal procedures to meet GDPR, CCPA and other data privacy requirements.
- Work closely with and collaborate cross-functionally with software engineers, designers, QA, Product Managers and Business functions to build, evolve and optimize needed systems and platforms.
Qualifications and attributes:
- You think parenthood and early childhood are really inspiring things to work on and you have empathy for parents as users of digital products.
- You have a proven track record as a top performer for 5+ years in a similar role, preferably in a consumer internet business, digital community business, or consumer products business with a digital experience.
- You are interested in and have experience with cloud-based data processing and storage technologies.
- You have experience working with mobile apps clients.
- You have experience with eCommerce data analytics and ensuring clean eCommerce data for analysts out of solutions such as Shopify or Google Analytics.
- You have experience with cloud Big Data tools and platforms such as AWS Redshift, Athena, Datalakes, Clickhouse, Snowflake.
- You have built, extended, and automated ETL data pipelines.
- You have experience with Google Analytics 360 and BigQuery.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- You have 2+ years of experience with Graph DB (Neo4J experience would be advantageous).
- You have experience working with Kafka or another stream processing platform.
- You have excellent design, organizational and analytical abilities.
- You are an outstanding problem solver.
- Your written and oral communications are clear, concise, and thorough.
- You have experience coding in Java, Python or Ruby and have a passion for writing code.
- You have an Intrinsic humble hustle.
- You have a “can do” attitude who comes with proposals for solutions rather than just identifying problems.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
Clevertech is looking for a Backend Engineer to join our global team. You will be building software that will be used by millions of people or effect millions of dollars.
This role will be implementing serverless technologies to manage data flows for large datasets in the logistics or other intensive data industries. You are familiar with Event driven infrastructure tools.
You can deliver quickly while being clever to avoid missteps. You have an effective positive attitude that shines as you show you care about client and colleague concerns. You are always learning and are a transparent communicator even when it is challenging. You thrive on challenging yourself daily and seek to surround yourself with like minded individuals.
- 5+ years experience in a senior developer or architect role; ideally, you have delivered business critical software to large enterprises
- You are fluent in a modern programming language (Python preferred)
- You are comfortable manipulating large data sets and handle raw SQL
- Serverless experience with AWS lambda or Azure functions
- Strong communicator and fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
One of the many great perks that Clevertech offers is our annual Personal Development Fund, where we encourage our CleverPeople to invest in themselves to grow themselves personally and/or professionally. CLICK HERE to learn more about how Joseph, Clevertech Tech Lead, used his to take his personal hobby to the next level.
Want to learn more about Clevertech and the team? Check out clevertech.careers. Clevertech Culture Video
NAVIS is excited to be hiring a Data Engineer for a remote, US-based position! Candidates based outside of the US are not being considered at this time. This is a NEW position due to growth in this area.
Be a critical element of what sets NAVIS apart from everyone else! Join the power behind the best-in-class Hospitality CRM software and services that unifies hotel reservations and marketing teams around their guest data to drive more bookings and revenue.
Our Guest Experience Platform team is seeking an experienced Data Engineer to play a lead role in the building and running of our modern big data and machine learning platform that powers our products and services. In this role, you will responsible for building the analytical data pipeline, data lake, and real-time data streaming services. You should be passionate about technology and complex big data business challenges.
You can have a huge impact on everything from the functionality we deliver for our clients, to the architecture of our systems, to the technologies that we are adopting.
You should be highly curious with a passion for building things!
Click here for a peek inside our Engineering Team
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and develop business-critical data pipelines and related back-end services
- Identification of and participation in simplifying and addressing scalability issues for enterprise level data pipeline
- Design and build big data infrastructure to support our data lake
- 2+ years of extensive experience with Hadoop (or similar) Ecosystem (MapReduce, Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Presto, HBase, Parquet)
- Experience with building, breaking, and fixing production data pipelines
- Hands-on SQL skills and background in other data stores like SQL-Server, Postgres, and MongoDB
- Experience with continuous delivery and automated deployments (Terraform)
- ETL experience
- Able to identify and participate in addressing scalability issues for enterprise level data
- Python programming experience
DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Experience with machine learning libraries like scikit-learn, Tensorflow, etc., or an interest in picking it up
- Experience with R to mine structured and unstructured data and/or building statistical models
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with AWS services like Glue, S3, SQS, Lambda, Fargate, EC2, Athena, Kinesis, Step Functions, DynamoDB, CloudFormation and CloudWatch will be a huge plus
There are 3 options for the location of this position (candidates based outside the US are NOT being considered at this time):
- You can work remotely in the continental US with occasional travel to Bend, Oregon
- You can be based at a shared office space in the heart of downtown Portland, Oregon
- You can be based at our offices in Bend, Oregon (relocation assistance package available)
Check out this video to learn more about the Tech scene in Bend, Oregon
- An inclusive, fun, values-driven company culture – we’ve won awards for it
- A growing tech company in Bend, Oregon
- Work / Life balance - what a concept!
- Excellent benefits package with a Medical Expense Reimbursement Program that helps keep our medical deductibles LOW for our Team Members
- 401(k) with generous matching component
- Generous time off plus a VTO day to use working at your favorite charity
- Competitive pay + annual bonus program
- FREE TURKEYS (or pies) for every Team Member for Thanksgiving (hey, it's a tradition around here)
- Your work makes a difference here, and we make a huge impact to our clients’ profits
- Transparency – regular All-Team meetings, so you can stay in-the-know with what’s going on in all areas our business