Numbrs Personal Finance AG is a technology company. Our product is Numbrs, a multibanking application available for iOS and Android. Numbrs is one of the most widely used banking apps in Germany and was recently launched in the UK.
Numbrs is reshaping the future of the workplace. We are a fully remote company, at which every employee is free to live and work wherever they want. We are a team of professional, hard-working, supportive and entrepreneurial individuals with a passion for execution.
We are seeking professionals who can thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and a talent for delivering out-of-the-box ideas are essential. Do you want to have a real impact on the future of the financial industry? Join Numbrs.
You will be a part of a team that is responsible for developing, releasing, monitoring and troubleshooting large scale micro-service based distributed systems with high transaction volume. You enjoy learning new things and are passionate about developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design. You are a great teammate who thrives in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities.
a Bachelor's or higher degree in technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
a minimum of 4 years of professional experience with Golang
hands-on experience with highly concurrent production grade systems
experience with micro-service based architecture
knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker
excellent troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities
excellent written and oral communication in English and interpersonal skills
Ideally, candidates will also have
experience with professional software engineering best practices, coding standards, code reviews, testing and operations
experience with CI/CD toolchain products like Jira, Stash, Git, and CircleCI
Location: Home office from your domicile
Senior Backend Engineer
Come and join us on our mission to make FATMAP the Home of the Outdoors . . .
the place where every adventure begins.
FATMAP is expanding in Product Development. We are looking for an experienced person (f/m/d) to strengthen the team with their expertise.
Build the future of outdoor adventure with us!
FATMAP is a growing Outdoor Adventure Technology Company, building the leading platform for outdoor adventure. We are revolutionising the way people discover, plan, live and share their adventures. Our advanced 3D mapping technology, outdoor toolkit and curated adventure index is used by top professionals and a fast growing community of outdoor enthusiasts, to enjoy better, safer adventure.
Who – experience and mindset
To bring FATMAP to life we maintain a complicated stack combining mapping and 3D rendering into our front-end web and mobile apps. Mapping and rendering are handled by separate teams, of which the product team is the only customer. The product team is responsible for serving adventure content, handling authentication/authorisation (including 3rd party services like Strava/Garmin), payments, and delivering a rock-solid front-end product in close collaboration with our PMs and Designers. Our web and mobile apps are served by a single Federated GraphQL gateway, combining multiple Rails-based GraphQL endpoints into a single API.
We are looking for somebody who is comfortable diving deep into all the parts of our product backend stack. This includes our Postgres (with PostGIS extension) database layer as well as the application layer which is deployed as microservices and written in different languages, such as Ruby, Go and TypeScript. You will take end-to-end responsibility for developing new features, designing and updating internal data schemata as well as exposing well defined APIs to our frontend applications.
Are you always looking behind the scenes, trying to understand how things work? Do you have hands-on experience creating functionality in a distributed system, consuming cloud services, designed to cope with shortcomings, failures or outages? Would you be excited to work on such topics in a growing, smart and eager company determined to reshape outdoor mapping? Do you love mapping and the outdoors and would like to shape a solution for the outdoors? Then FATMAP is the place to be!
See more detail on technical experience level below.
How – working here
People at FATMAP have a lot of autonomy at work. We offer a largely flexible environment. At our working hubs in Berlin (DE), Vilnius (LT) and Chamonix (FR) you'll be able to meet up with your team mates to work on a project together or just spend some time in an office environment. We are mostly remote by nature, and hence value sync time strongly. We also value our hubs and trying to keep a balance. Still, you needn't worry about your calendar being full of regular meetings. You work with bleeding edge technology, use and run them in development and production. You are enabled to actively create and contribute to processes and ways of working.
This also requires you to be able to work independently. You need problem solving and debugging skills, and a good dose of pragmatism.
What – responsibilities
- Design, develop and maintain the client-side backend services
- Take quality personally, functional and non-functional
- Debug and resolve errors and respond swiftly to user feedback
Closing date: Open until filled
Do you love modern web technologies? Are you a team player who likes solving difficult problems together? Do you want to join one of the UK’s most exciting tech start-ups and play a key role in developing an ambitious product with a global impact?
Flourish is empowering the world to visualize and tell stories with data. It enables anyone to create beautiful graphics, presentations and interactive stories without coding. Since our launch in 2018, more than 500,000 registered users have produced more than 5 million graphics, which have racked up more than ten billion views.
Our customers include leading newsrooms (such as BBC and FT), major corporates (such as Goldman Sachs and Moody’s), NGOs (Amnesty, Rockefeller) plus universities all over the world.
We’re looking for a full-stack developer to join the team.
You’ll be in one of our small development teams, working on significant new features on the Flourish platform. With your team, you will:
- Develop new features for Flourish, using modern web technologies
- Maintain standards for web performance, security and accessibility
- Build automated tests and improve the observability of the codebase
- Pair-program and review code
- Help improve the way we work and the tools we use
This role is focused on the Flourish back-end platform rather than the visualization templates, which are developed separately.
You are a keen developer who enjoys working collaboratively and loves to learn new things. You care deeply about the quality of your work and are thoughtful about how to improve both what you’re doing and how the team works together. You’re happy to adopt existing conventions of the code base.
Importantly, you’re excited by Flourish and the opportunity to make it better. You’re a friendly colleague and you work well in a close-knit team.
- A good understanding of the web platform
- At least two years experience as a full-stack developer or equivalent skills
- Good SQL skills
- Experience using Git for version control
- Awareness of security best practices for web applications
- Familiarity with working practices such as test-driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience of agile methodologies
- AWS (S3, EC2, IAM, etc)
- An enthusiasm for learning and teaching
- A systematic approach to solving problems
- A love of the web and an interest in performance
- The ability to give feedback kindly and receive feedback
Our tech stack: Some of the technologies we use include Node.js, Express; Postgres, Redis; Handlebars, Sass; AWS; Cypress; GitHub, CircleCI, Sentry. We don’t expect you to have worked with all of these, but any you have are a plus.
Our company: Flourish is a small team combining decades of collective experience in development, data, design, visualization and journalism/publishing. Read more about the team.
Our culture: We’re a friendly and supportive group that values kindness, honesty and fun. We’re open and try new things with enthusiasm. And we’re high-momentum, focused on delivering magical products that our users love. We socialise as a team at least once a month.
Our interview process: We make our hiring process fast and straightforward. Typically there is brief initial call and online screening test, followed by an interview designed to be rigorous but friendly and collaborative. We’ll ask you to do some pair-programming with us, to get a sense for how you communicate, but we don’t do stressful whiteboard coding.
Our location: We are largely a UK-based team, with a few exceptions. We used to be based in a fun office in Clerkenwell in central London. This was closed at the start of the COVID crisis, and we intend to get a new office in London in 2021, most likely in the Shoreditch area, but we do support remote working.
- Salary from £45k-60k depending on skill and experience
- Remote working is welcome (the majority of our development team is remote), though after lockdown lifts, it would be a plus if you could be at our London office every few weeks for sprint planning/retros and socials
- ‘20% time’ for developers on Fridays - you can choose what to work on, as long as it’s relevant to the company’s mission
- Share options in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible hours, and respect for work/life balance (not “startup hours”)
- Lots of potential for career progression
- 30 days’ annual holiday
Send a CV, and a covering letter explaining why you’re interested in this role and how you meet the description above, to email@example.com. Please use the subject line “Software Engineer”. Got questions about the job? Feel free to email us for a chat.
We’re committed to equality and diversity in the tech industry, so we’ll be especially happy to see applications from under-represented backgrounds.
Sorry, but we won’t be able to sponsor visas for this role: please do not apply if you do not already have the right to work in the UK. We are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies for this role.
Not right for you?
Please spread the word instead! And join our mailing list to stay posted about Flourish.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Dec 28 2020
Clevertech is a leading consultancy that is on a mission to build transformational digital solutions for the world’s most innovative organizations.
Enterprise companies turn to Clevertech to help them launch innovative digital products that interact with hundreds of millions of customers, transactions and data points.
By partnering with Clevertech these companies are propelling forward and changing their industries, business models and more.
We're Clevertech, since 2000, we have been consulting for and building core operating technologies, mobile apps and complex web applications that drive business growth for startups and Fortune 500 companies alike. Our clients' hardest problems are our favorite problems.
- Strong background in Linux administration
- Experience with GCP, GKE
- Experience deploying Kubernetes in a production environment
- Infrastructure as code (we use Terraform)
- Version Control with Git. We use GitHub
- Experience with CI/CD in Jenkins
- Comfort with collaboration across functional borders
Working at Clevertech
At Clevertech, you can expect that you will:
- Be 100% dedicated to one project at a time so that you can hone your skills, innovate and grow
- Be a part of a team of talented and friendly senior level developers
- Work on projects that allow you to use exciting, cutting edge tech. We believe in constantly evolving your mastery
The result? We produce meaningful work and we are truly proud and excited to be creating waves in an industry under transformation.
We know that people do their best work when they’re taken care of. So we make sure to offer great benefits.
- Fully remote role in fully remote company
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible Family Leave
- Annual Financial Allowance for YOUR development
- Strong Clevertech Community
- Clevertech U (Leadership Program, Habit Building, New Skills Training)
- Clevertech Gives Back Program
Our team is made up of people that are not only from different countries, but also from diverse backgrounds and disciplines. Our focus on employing respectful, introspective and collaborative talent is what powers our company and our success.
Interested in exploring your future in this role and Clevertech? Set yourself up for success and take a look at our Interview Process before getting started!
If you want to meet and learn about our CleverPeople's experience working at Clevertech, click here.
The best people in tech just happen to be all over the world. Are you one of them? APPLY NOW
Nov 19 2020
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Agrian is looking for an experienced front-end developer to help us build out our next generation of products. We’re writing an ambitious front end that’s built around modern Ember and is written in TypeScript. We pride ourselves on being up to date in best practices in coding, testing, and deployment strategies.
You’ll work directly with other teams in Engineering, User Experience, and Product Management in a company that takes pride in quickly delivering groundbreaking solutions to its clients. You can find out more about our technology stack at this talk given at EmberConf 2020.
The position is ideally based in our Clovis, CA headquarters, but the role will be remote for the foreseeable future. Virtual EmberConf 2020: Taming the Beast: Managing a really ambitious codebase by Luke Deniston
- Able to debug and optimize cross-browser and platform web applications (for desktop and mobile)
- Experience with Node-based CLI tools, JS build tools, and automated testing frameworks (QUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, etc.)
- Comfortable with Git/version control workflows
NICE TO HAVES:
- Ability to bring custom and responsive designs to life using technologies like PostCSS, Sass or Less, and frameworks like Tailwind or Bootstrap.
- Knowledge and passion for design and UX principles of web and mobile interfaces
- Experience with TypeScript (preferred) or Flow
- Experience with OpenLayers, Leaflet, or other web mapping tools
- Experience with D3, Vega, or other visualization libraries
When filling out your application, be sure to include a short letter as to why you're interested in the role, and please include a link to a git repo so we can review some code samples.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel can be approximately 25-50%
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employment Type: Full Time
Functional Area: Non-Management
Sep 24 2020
At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country's largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are if you've ordered directly from a restaurant brand's app or website, we've made that happen.
We need software engineers like you to join our team. We have several open positions at various experience level including mid, senior and staff engineers.
As part of the team you will play a significant and visible role in helping us scale one of the most advanced food ordering platforms in the market. You will design, develop, scale, and monitor solutions, improvements, and services across our ordering platform. While primarily focused on our back-end, contributions are encouraged throughout our stack.
We aim to deeply collaborate and communicate well. We encourage new ideas and experimentation. No part of the code base is off limits. We take pride in a neat codebase with automated tests and continuous integration, and encourage constant refactoring. You'll work with a passionate team dedicated to delivering amazing products using modern tools and technologies.
Any engineer may work at Olo's headquarters in New York City's Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our engineering team (and Olo) is remote!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Designing reliable, but simple solutions to complex problems at scale.
- Demonstrating broad knowledge of software engineering concepts.
- Observing system performance in your domain and identifying emerging problems.
- Quickly assessing and resolving production incidents that arise in the components your team is responsible for.
- Researching and proposing new technologies to apply effectively.
- Exhibiting good judgment, seeking out diverse perspectives, and challenging business and technical assumptions.
- Providing constructive criticism in a way that builds the team's bench strength.
- Consistently delivering against commitments.
How We Work
- We foster a culture of collaboration, communication, accountability, skill sharing, belonging, mutual respect, and curiosity.
- We practice Whole Team Quality, no throwing code over the wall.
- System Reliability Engineering, Scalability, and Security are embedded throughout our software process.
- We are outcome not output focused.
- Our tech stack is rooted in .NET (C# and F#) and SQL Server running in AWS infrastructure and modern software engineering tools such as GitHub, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Datadog, and Sumo Logic, as well as heavy use of OSS
What’s Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 300 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more. Learn more at www.olo.com. Olo's headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map:https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!
PHP Developer for BLOX/RAYOS CMS
Sep 04 2020
Looking to join a fast-growing, cutting edge technology company serving customers nationwide? Look no further! TownNews, the premier internet hosting provider for media companies in the broadcasting and newspaper industry, seeks a seasoned PHP Developer to join our team. TownNews offers a chance to be creative - working with an innovative team in a relaxed atmosphere either locally or remote.
- Development of PHP modules and applications for TownNews's BLOX or RAYOS CMS software-as-a-service (SaaS) platforms serving millions of pageviews daily nationwide
- Work with a team of product managers, frontend developers, and other stakeholders to design and define new features for vertical applications
- Build scalable solutions that must handle flash web traffic to websites based on breaking news conditions around the Internet
- Solve interesting problems that may require thinking outside-the-box to accomplish development goals
- Help customers extract information from various file formats, database dumps, and daily feeds for importing into the media company websites
- Work with version control systems, deployment workflows, system architects, and QA teams to deliver robust and error free applications
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree or 3 years of development experience using a web programming language like PHP, Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Online development experience using PHP and MySQL or equivalent database technology
- You must be a motivated, driven, and problem solving developer willing to adapt and build large scale solutions
TownNews provides services for more than 1500 newspapers nationwide. It is majority owned by Lee Enterprises.
Full benefits package includes: Generous paid time off, 401(k), medical/dental/vision, life insurance and more.
Paid Research Study for Visual Studio Users
Aug 19 2020
User Research International is a research company based out of Redmond, Washington. Working with some of the biggest companies in the industry, we aim to improve your experience via paid research studies. Whether it be the latest video game or productivity tools, we value your feedback and experience. We are currently conducting a research study called the IDE Feedback Study. We are looking for currently employed Full-Time Developers who use Visual Studio IDE for Windows 2019. This study is a one-time Remote Study via an online meeting. We’re offering $200 in gratuity for participation in this study. Session lengths are 90 minutes. These studies provide a platform for our researchers to receive feedback for an existing or upcoming products or software. We have included the survey link for the study below. Taking the survey will help determine if you fit the profile requirements. Completing this survey does not guarantee you will be selected to participate. If it's a match, we'll reach out with a formal confirmation and any additional details you may need. I have summarized the study details below. In order to be considered, you must take the survey below. Thank you!
Study: IDE Feedback Study
Session Length: 90 Minutes
Dates: Available dates are located within the survey
Survey: IDE Feedback Study Sign-Up
Sr. React Engineer for Digital Consumer Products
Aug 15 2020
We are seeking a full-time Senior React engineer with experience building high-traffic and production-ready web applications. This is a high visibility product team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on customer experience in the hospitality industry, designing and building the next generation client architecture that currently serves 80MM monthly visitors.
Job is fully remote (must be in US based timezones)
- Be responsible for maintaining and expanding the feature set and component library
- Own individual modules and act as the technical SME for them
- Work alongside an incredible team of designers, strategists and engineers and solve difficult problems
- Learn from skilled veterans on building software and get guidance on your career growth
- Ability to work early hours to communicate to our developments teams in LA and Poland
- Move and adapt to change at a rapid pace
- Interface with creative, business, and engineers alike
- Quick learner with passion to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and being a team player
- Attention to details and striving for perfection
- Honest, mature, committed and ensure a high level of communication
- 4+ years of professional experience as a senior software developer or senior web developer
- 4+ years designing, developing, and scaling modern web applications
- Strong ability for reasoning with complex async code, deep understanding of the JS event loop
- Expertise in using Developer Tools for debugging, live editing, perf evaluation, JS profiling, etc
- Solid understanding of both object oriented and functional programming paradigms
- Understanding of code chunking strategies
- Writing unit tests with tools such as Mocha/Chai, Jasmine, or Jest as well as UI component unit tests using Enzyme, or similar
- Well-versed in distributed version control systems and patterns such as Git, GitHub, Git Flow
- Proven record of creating commercial quality software,
- Proven record of being team player and performing peer code reviews
- Ability to ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX design
- Familiarity / experience with Next.js, GraphQL/Apollo, Redux, Relay Modern, Storybook.js,
- Familiarity with Adobe Experience Manager / Cloud
- Familiarity / experience of headless web architectures (CMS)
- Experience building Progressive Web Apps
Sr Software QA/ DevOps Engineer
Jul 26 2020
Skilled Quality Engineers with DevOps experience will collaborate with our research team on projects involving reverse engineering, binary rewriting, and source code analysis. The SQE / SDET will work across platforms to enhance our testing infrastructure for improved process verification and experimentation. (Must have Kubernetes and/or Docker experience.)
LOCATION: Preference is Ithaca, NY or Bethesda, MD offices but may consider a remote employee with the right skills and experience int he Northeast. MUST BE LOCATED IN THE US TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE ROLE.
- Develop automated unit, system, Web UI, and integration tests
- Develop testing frameworks and infrastructure
- Work closely with research and product teams to improve the testability of GrammaTech's code
- Triage test failures, report, and track bugs found
- Effectively communicate issues to peers and leaders
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of development experience working with large Python and C/C++ codebases
- Professional experience developing Python test code, including using mocking
- Experience developing automated system tests
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with git
- Professional experience with Linux
- Experience with creating and maintaining test cases using Xray for Jira
- Experience with building End to End automation testing for Single Page Angular application from scratch using Protractor and integrating into CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of compiler design, C/C++ parsers
- Experience with Static and/or Dynamic Analysis
- Reverse-engineering or malware-analysis techniques
- System-administration experience
- Experience testing Machine Learning systems
- Technical skills: Node, Protractor, Selenium, Jasmine, Allure, Angular, Typescript, GitLab CI/CD, Postman
- Experience testing GraphQL or REST APIs using modern tools like Postman
GrammaTech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Disability/Veterans/Affirmative Action employer.
Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Full Stack Software Engineer
Jul 05 2020
More than 7,000 churches depend on Breeze, and we’re grateful to work every day developing intuitive features to make their experience better. We’re looking for a full-stack software engineer to join our Engineering team. Are you interested in building helpful, easy-to-use software that helps churches thrive? We’d love to have you reach out to us!
How Our Engineering Team Works
We’re a distributed fully remote Engineering team, working across multiple US-based timezones. We follow an agile approach to our planning and work, including:
We strive to build quality into every change that we make and as such our team uses TDD and Travis for continuous integration. Security is also a #1 priority so we run periodic security scans on our application to ensure that our users are protected.
What We Are Looking For
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Breeze, you will be:
Supporting our church management product, building new product features, working autonomously to write and scale new services as we transition to micro-services
Helping us with an exciting transition! We are currently transitioning from a CodeIgniter-backend monolith, to a service-oriented architecture with microservices built in PHP and React components on the frontend.
Working within our engineering team, collaborating with product managers, engineering managers and more using tools like GitHub, Zoom, and Slack.
As you gain context, you’ll be providing technical guidance to teammates as a peer.
Helpful Skills and Experience
You have experience as a backend or full-stack developer in any procedural language, working on backend systems with meaningful production traffic.
You are keen to write and maintain tests where needed and appreciate the importance of working effectively with legacy codebases.
You have a proactive mindset toward fixing and responding to any issues and integrating feedback.
3+ years experience working with PHP, or Node.js or Go would be helpful.
2+ years experience building microservices with Kubernetes would be helpful.
Our Tech Stack
The latest stack is:
Laravel (RESTful API)
React / React Native
GitHub Pull Request
Travis CI build process
We offer a competitive salary based on experience and a full benefits package that includes: medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and participation in company 401K.
Linux Cloud Support Engineer
Apr 26 2020
As an EMEA based Linux Cloud Support Engineer you will be responsible for assessing the nature of product or service issues and resolving support problems for customers and partners through support tickets, live chat, and occasional voice calls. Don’t let the word “Support” fool you - this is not a typical call center role. Our customers are technically sophisticated and once a question gets to us search engines have failed to provide an answer. On any given day, you’ll be applying your knowledge of Linux with technologies like MySQL, DNS, CDNs, SSL, Redis, various programming languages, replication, integration with other systems and much more. Expect to learn something new every day.
Successful employees will collaborate with other team members, meet deadlines and test new ideas, tools, and tactics. We are looking for motivators and go-getters who will improve our processes, our products and ourselves. As one of our Cloud Support Engineers, you are our front line; when our customers think of how great Platform.sh is, they think of you.
In a given day you might:
- Troubleshoot issues pertaining to the underlying infrastructure running customer applications.
- Diagnose, debug and document issues in both applications and systems.
- Deploy and configure cloud infrastructure resources.
- Troubleshoot, reproduce and report bugs.
- Become a product expert and work toward improving our customer facing documentation.
- Participate in limited on-call shifts, providing timely responses to high priority tickets and incidents.
- Work under limited supervision with considerable latitude for personal initiative.
- Respond to customer inquiries through our ticketing solution, ZenDesk.
- Participate in training teammates.
- This role is permanent and full time, 5 days a week
- 3+ years combined of:
- Linux system administration
- Web development using PHP, Python, Ruby or Go. (However, this is not primarily a programming job)
- Experience using git
- Managing DNS
- Functional knowledge of TLS and encryption
- Demonstrating exceptional communication skills to provide clear and empathetic customer support
- Knowledge of nginx, Galera, GlusterFS, and Puppet
- Experience with Magento, Symfony, TYPO3 and/or Drupal
- Understanding of CDNs or Varnish and web caching strategies
- Familiarity with IaaS solutions, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Compute Engine
- Conversant in containerization technologies and techniques
Sound Like a Good Fit? We’re not expecting you to be an expert at all of the above, but if your skillset includes some of it and you’re interested in diving into the rest, we’d love to talk to you!
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We are a worldwide distributed team and are looking for a candidate who can perform well working remotely. To be an effective performer as a CSE here at Platform.sh, you’ll need to be able to effectively collaborate across time zones while operating with a high level of independence and autonomy.
Senior Software Developer/Engineer
Mar 31 2020
We are looking for an experienced, senior, Kubernetes Developer/Engineer, who is excited to work on one of our many client projects - both greenfield (new) projects as well as legacy (support) projects in that technology stack. This is a remote position.
- Implementing tools and technologies to provision and configure an enterprise software system in public utility clouds with a focus on increasing efficiency and elasticity of deployed compute without sacrificing quality
- Ability to contribute throughout all phases of a service lifecycle from conception through design, development, deployment and ultimately operation
- A commitment to monitoring and observability
- Identify, document, automate, and engineer processes for repeated tasks.
- Oversee the application environment to effectively run and maintain the technology and determine the advisement of potential technology or process improvements.
- Strategize, plan, prioritize, schedule and partner in the execution of infrastructure provisioning and configuration while focusing on maintaining or improving security, data integrity, programming logic integrity, and administration.
- Manage the packaging and deployment of our infrastructure product and our deployment/upgrade processes.
- Seek and recommend improvements to current processes and technologies used
- Participate in code reviews for projects written by your team
- Participate in design reviews for new and existing services and platforms
- Influence the use of industry leading development platforms and process
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree, or work equivalent experience
- Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, excellent debugging, troubleshooting skills
- 5+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications
- Experience with infrastructure and distributed systems in a cloud environment (Azure preferred)
- Experience with configuration management and CI platforms (Chef and Jenkins Preferred)
- Experience with Docker, and Kubernetes or Swarm preferred
- Code using PowerShell, Ruby or Python
- Experience with source control management tools (Git preferred)
- Experience in Windows Server administration
- Excellent communication & enthusiasm
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Experience reviewing code
Paid Research Study for Developers That Use GIT
Mar 20 2020
User Research International is a research company based out of Redmond, Washington. Working with some of the biggest companies in the industry, we aim to improve your experience via paid research studies. Whether it be the latest video game or productivity tools, we value your feedback and experience.
We are currently conducting a research study called Software Development Study. We are looking for currently Full Time employed Developerswho use GIT. This study is a one-time Remote Study via an online meeting. We’re offering $150 for participation in this study. Session lengths are 1 Hour. These studies provide a platform for our researchers to receive feedback for an existing or upcoming products or software. We have included the survey link for the study below. Taking the survey will help determine if you fit the profile requirements. Completing this survey does not guarantee you will be selected to participate. If it's a match, we'll reach out with a formal confirmation and any additional details you may need.
I have summarized the study details below. In order to be considered, you must take the survey below. Thank you!
Study: Software Development Study
Session Length: 1 Hour
Location: Remote Via Web Meeting link
Dates: March. Specific dates and times to select are available on the survey.
Survey Link: Software Development Study