QA engineer/tester for Esports
Note: Applying for this position requires to have a Gmail account to upload the files. We apologise for the inconvenience.
We are looking for an experienced quality assurance engineer to help us build a competitive match platform for Esports players and fans.
We appreciate candidates who express themselves deeply and speak clearly. Working on early-stage products excites you and you love collaborating with the product team to find the best solutions for the product. You understand that this is a team sport and that we can only win together. If you are passionate about gaming, Esports and working with app development, you will have a blast working with us.
What we expect
- Good written and spoken communication (English)
- Integrity, attention to detail and relentless communication style
- Available during European business hours
- At least three years of prior experience in software development quality assurance or related roles
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes, including Github, Jira, continuous integration, continuous deployment
- Able to work with UNIX command line and shell scripting
- Able to work with SQL databases
- Experience in manual testing of web and mobile platforms
- Experience in writing automated test suites
- Enjoying playing competitive video games, like DOTA or Call of Duty
We’d love to see most of the skill set described. However, we also consider individuals with a passion for the gaming industry and project management and with growing potential.
You will be
- Giving the final go for complex software releases
- Maintain manual and automated regression testing status
- Work with developers to track down and fix bugs
- Actively work with product and development teams to improve the effectiveness of process, tools and people
- Report to the QA lead
What we offer
- Working in the video game industry
- Well established, fully remote working company of 40 co-workers from every continent
- Flexibility in setting on your own schedule and travels
- Yearly compensation in the range of $35,000 - $60,000 (non-US residents need to work as subcontractors and invoice through their own business name and pay any applicable local taxes and social welfare costs from the compensation)
- Our perks include remote & flexible work hours, monthly wellness allowance, book credits, bonus opportunities, paid national holidays, paid vacation time (PTO), and gaming Fridays.
Paid Research Study for IT Professionals
User Research International is a research company based out of Redmond, Washington. Working with some of the biggest companies in the industry, we aim to improve your experience via paid research studies. Whether it be the latest video game or productivity tools, we value your feedback and experience. We are currently conducting a research study called System/Software Admin Study. We are looking for currently employed Full-Time IT Pros who manage multiple software licenses. This study is a one-time Remote Study via an online meeting. We’re offering $150 for participation in this study. Session lengths are 1 hour. These studies provide a platform for our researchers to receive feedback for an existing or upcoming products or software. We have included the survey link for the study below. Taking the survey will help determine if you fit the profile requirements. Completing this survey does not guarantee you will be selected to participate. If it's a match, we'll reach out with a formal confirmation and any additional details you may need.
I have summarized the study details below. In order to be considered, you must take the survey below. Thank you!
Study: System/Software Admin Study
Session Length: 1 hour
Location: Remote online meeting
Dates: Available dates are located within the survey
Survey: System/Software Admin Study Qualifying Survey
Technical Project Manager
At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our Engineering department. This position will report directly to our VP of Engineering and help us design and implement best-practice development processes, shepherd internal projects from idea to completion, and coordinate work across our multiple teams.
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- We’re a respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You’ll get three weeks’ paid vacation and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly (about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote). We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
- Working remote? No problem; remote engineers are first-class citizens in our organization. Working from our NYC HQ? Enjoy delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches and snacks prepared by Sam, our on-site chef.
What We’ll Like About You
- You have at least 4 years experience working in a similar role (project manager, operations manager, manager of special projects, etc.) as part of a team of 50–80 engineers (or slightly larger)
- You possess excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly explain complex technical concepts to a technical and nontechnical audience alike
- You know how to write compelling documentation at a fast pace, turning the requirements and directives you collect from multiple stakeholders into comprehensive design and technical specs.
- You are well-versed with lean management techniques, and can manage projects using a Scrum or Kanban approach using tools like Jira.
- You have a proven record of coordinating the design of multiple complex projects across several different teams, scoping them appropriately, and shepherding them to completion.
- You know that processes exist to serve the organization, and not the other way around. You see your job as helping us make great decisions, and not just making sure that we check all the boxes.
FineTune is seeking a rigorous and detail oriented QA Engineer for our AP and Pre-AP education software product who has strong motivation to grow startup companies with an eye toward improving the software product and its testing according to user specifications. Prefer applicants located in U.S. timezones.
What you’ll be doing:
- Primarily manual testing of functional and UI requirements
- Working in an Agile Scrum format with two week sprints
- Working with the development team to thoroughly document bug reproduction steps and their resolutions
- Working with Product Owners to identify requirements and acceptance criteria and make sure they are documented accurately before coding begins
- Interacting with all of QA to cross train on various aspects of the platform
- Gathering metrics to help identify high risk areas of the platform and for improvement of the engineering team
- Working with the Project Manager/Scrum Master to address scheduling conflicts and other testing needs as applicable
- Verifying releases, before and after deployment
- 2+ years of manual QA experience for web based platforms
- 2+ years experience with SQL to manipulate, load and delete test data
- Experience with Jira or other task management tools to document bugs and their replication steps
- Experience with test plan repositories such as hiptest
- Ability to shift priorities and work under load and tight deadlines when needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - must be able to clearly and concisely document issues, answer clarifying questions, and facilitate communication between developers and stake holders
- Strong investigative and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with Github
Nice to have:
- Strong Agile Process Experience
- Experienced with MacOS
- Some experience with API and load testing
- Some experience with writing automated test scripts
- Some experience with HTTP status codes and browser dev tools
- Some experience with any programming language
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Dec 29 2019
- Strong Technical Background
- Experience managing multiple projects across multiple teams in multiple locations
- Scrum Master
- Experience with Burndown & Velocity Charts
- Expert level knowledge of JIRA:
- Sprints & Epics
- Swimlanes & Boards
- Workflows & Scripts
- Roles & Permissions
- Releases & Reports
- Extremely organized and detail oriented with strong focus on formal process
- Experience optimizing software development workflows
- Experience running A/B and Multivariate tests on products
- Experience w/ data analysis. SQL experience a big plus
- Experience with Kanban
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Fast learner
- Calculate engineering project timelines and keep to them
- Plan weekly or bi-weekly sprints
- Write clear and detailed technical descriptions for projects, tasks, and bugs for engineers
- Manage our product roadmap and provide transparency to other departments
- Analyze software development workflow processes and iterate on results
- Run usage and adoption analysis on products and features and iterate on results
- Survey users/customers and iterate on results
- Run and plan daily scrums for multiple projects & teams in different locations and timezones
- Write clear and concise release notes for other departments and users
- Sweep between multiple departments as a go between to address internal and external issues
Dec 18 2019
As a Product Manager at Kukui, you will be responsible for creating amazing products that our customers love. You’ll partner with executive leadership, production, sales and support teams to strategize, develop and implement products to better serve our growing customer base. You’ll work with the development team to ensure that the product road map is delivered on time.
- Develop a deep understanding of Kukui’s customer base and their business needs in order to provide the best possible solutions
- Partner with executive leadership, production and technical teams to develop product roadmaps
- Research and conceptualize features that support business and user needs
- Set priorities and scope for the development team
- Gather data to support product decisions
- Develop and maintain product documentation
- Develop business cases and ensure work is focused on those cases with maximum value
- Help develop and deploy key market messages with Kukui marketing team
- Support other efforts/initiatives as needed
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development
- Previous experience as a Product Manager for a software company
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Experience in the auto repair industry is highly preferred
- Experience working remotely with a distributed team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent project-management and analytical skills
This is a remote position with the option to work from our office in Roseville, CA.