Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures to recently invest a combined $125 million in our Series D financing. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to join our Customer Success team. As a Solutions Architect (SA), you will help customers leverage streaming architectures and applications to achieve their business results. In this role, you will interact directly with customers to provide software architecture, design, and operations expertise that leverages your deep knowledge of and experience in Apache Kafka, the Confluent platform, and complementary systems such as Hadoop, Spark, Storm, relational and NoSQL databases. You will develop and advocate best practices, gather and validate critical product feedback, and help customers overcome their operational challenges.
Throughout all these interactions, you will build a strong relationship with your customer in a very short space of time, ensuring exemplary delivery standards. You will also have the opportunity to help customers build state-of-the-art streaming data infrastructure, in partnership with colleagues who are widely recognized as industry leaders, as well as optimizing and debugging customers existing deployments.
You will be based in LOCATION, with 60 -70% travel expected.
Anywhere in Pacific NorthWest
- Helping a customer determine his/her platform and/or application strategy for moving to a more real-time, event-based business. Such engagements often involve remote preparation; presenting an onsite or remote workshop for the customer’s architects, developers, and operations teams; investigating (with Engineering and other coworkers) solutions to difficult challenges; and writing a recommendations summary doc.
- Providing feedback to the Confluent Product and Engineering groups
- Building tooling for another team or the wider company to help us push our technical boundaries and improve our ability to deliver consistently with high quality
- Testing performance and functionality of new components developed by Engineering
- Writing or editing documentation and knowledge base articles, including reference architecture materials and design patterns based on customer experiencesHoning your skills, building applications, or trying out new product featuresParticipating in community and industry events
- Participating in community and industry events
- Deep experience designing, building, and operating in-production Big Data, stream processing, and/or enterprise data integration solutions, ideally using Apache Kafka
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing multiple B2B infrastructure software development projects, including driving expansion, customer satisfaction, feature adoption, and retention
- Experience operating Linux (configure, tune, and troubleshoot both RedHat and Debian-based distributions)
- Experience using cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) for running high-throughput systems
- Experience with Java Virtual Machine (JVM) tuning and troubleshooting
- Experience with distributed systems (Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.)
- Proficiency in Java
- Strong desire to tackle hard technical problems, and proven ability to do so with little or no direct daily supervision
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to clearly and concisely explain tricky issues and complex solutions
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time to meet with customers
- Experience helping customers build Apache Kafka solutions alongside Hadoop technologies, relational and NoSQL databases, message queues, and related products
- Experience with Scala, Python, or Go
- Experience working with a commercial team and demonstrated business acumen
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology start-up
- Experience managing projects, using any known methodology to scope, manage, and deliver on plan no matter the complexity
- Bachelor-level degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or another quantitative field
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.