We’re reimagining sports and technology. DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too. Building the possibilities As a Lead Software Engineer, SEO for the Front-End on the remote SEO team, you’ll help guide our product teams in implementing critical, company-wide initiatives such as page optimization, CMS integrations, content relevance and search engine optimization. Your team will be core in helping drive important initiatives and guidelines for developing front end code.
What You’ll Do As A Lead Software Engineer:
- Work as part of a fully remote team of highly skilled engineers located all over the US.
- Take ownership of development, maintenance, testing strategy, design discussions and operations of a front-end team, with the majority of your code in JS + React.
- Care about agility and reuse as much as you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and are looking for a team that can pivot at a moment’s notice.
- Guide your team and others, in design sessions and help them deliver high quality work
- Drive the team in maintenance, implementation and improvement of the SEO front-end components for everything from UI, optimization and page speed.
- Work with teams to identify software in their products that can be optimized.
- Build efficient, well-tested user interface components in React and Redux
- Identify bottlenecks to improve performance.
What Skills You Will Use:
- A minimum of 2 years of development experience with React is required.
- Proven experience working on a remote team is required.
- The ability to lead by influence stakeholders is required.
- Experience in designing and developing for accessibility and internationalization is preferred.
- Experience with SEO preferred.
- A proven ability to deliver production-quality solutions is required.
- Ability to participate in code reviews, design reviews, and over-the-shoulder debugging is required.
- Experience working with modern front-end build tools, testing frameworks and practices (e.g. Node, NPM, Yarn, WebPack, React, Gatsby) is preferred.
- The ability to understand, debug and improve asynchronous code is required.