We’re looking for a Senior Application Security Engineer ready to play a ground floor role in developing application security tooling and processes within all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). In this role, you will work closely with product engineering teams to define application security standards, perform red team operations across multiple departments and teams, support vulnerability triage, provide secure development education and participate in secure design reviews across our platform and product. Our clients entrust FloQast with their financial data and as such it is our mission to deliver features that provide resilience, confidence and trust in our platform. We believe in scaling security through software engineering best practices and automation. You'll play a fundamental role in shaping the future of security at FloQast and your work will have significant impact and visibility.
What you’ll do…
- Participate in architecture design reviews with senior engineering and product management staff to incorporate effective threat modeling and security standards into product design.
- Educate and train product engineering teams on security concepts and skills, extending AppSec's reach by deputizing product teams to help themselves.
- Evaluate and instrument automation and tooling to ensure a security regression within any component of our platform does not occur.
- Expand our security detection and prevention capabilities throughout the FloQast platform.
- Conduct red team operations against FloQast customer-facing products, platform, internal environments and teams.
- Develop security standards, preferred implementation patterns, secure common frameworks, developer documentation and educational materials.
- Explain and demonstrate vulnerabilities to application/system owners, and provide recommendations for mitigation.
- Advise senior management on perceived risks and work to determine an acceptable risk appetite while weighing overall business and usability impact.
- Stay abreast of new and emerging security technologies and paradigms.
- Any other projects as assigned to help the Company meet its goals.
We’re looking for someone with...
- 5+ years of experience in a web or mobile application security role.
- 3+ years using at least one high level programming language e.g. Node.js, Python, Go, Java, Ruby.
- Strong experience utilizing web application security scanning software and penetration testing tools e.g. Burp Suite, ZAP, Nessus, Qualys, Metasploit, CANVAS, Cobalt Strike, CVE remediation tooling, etc.
- Experience conducting secure code development training.
- Experience performing threat modeling and secure design review in order to assess the security implications and requirements of new systems and technologies.
- Experience building or working with distributed multi-tier web server-client architectures.
- Experience with cloud environments AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Foundational understanding of network and application fundamentals and best practices e.g. HTTP/S, DNS, VPN, Load Balancing, SAML, OAuth, OpenID etc.
- Strong foundational understanding of network and application fundamentals and best practices e.g. HTTP/S, DNS, VPN, Load Balancing, SAML, OAuth, OpenID etc.
- Strong understanding of OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities in web applications including XSS, SSRF, IDOR, RCE, CSRF vulnerabilities.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Security Development Lifecycle (SDL), OWASP Software Assurance Maturity Model (SAMM), or Building Security in Maturity Model (BSIMM).
- Experience implementing security practices in automated CI/CD pipelines for application code, infrastructure, and/or serverless is a plus.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
- Strong ability to lead cross-team initiatives and communicate proposals and ideas concisely.
Nice to have attributes…
- Experience securing multi-tenant enterprise SaaS products.
- Knowledge of common compliance frameworks a plus e.g. SOC, SOX, PCI and ISO standards.
- Security Certifications e.g. CISSP, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Speciality.
FloQast is a fast-growing, Los Angeles-based, growth-stage company redefining how a critical business process (financial close) is performed. Our growth and success are fueled by a passion to define and dominate the close management software market. We are the first company of our kind to focus specifically on the mid-market. Our prospects have been hungry for a solution like FloQast and the response has made FloQast among the fastest growing FinTech companies with now more than 750 customers, including Lyft, Zoom, Twilio and the Golden State Warriors.
- We are fanatics about the success of our customers. Check us out on G2 Crowd
- We are equally fanatic about creating and maintaining a fabulous culture of support and success for all employees.
- We are moving quickly and there is a huge upside opportunity in terms of career growth
- FloQast offers competitive compensation, stock options, full benefits, and a positive and supportive work environment
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.