Loom is a more effective way to communicate in the workplace that's already trusted by more than 1.8M
users across more than 50k companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies, including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised $45 million from top-tier investors including Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia, and the founders of Instagram, Figma and Front.
As the first Security, Privacy, & Trust Manager hire for Loom, you will be responsible for all day-to-day aspects of Loom’s lT security, governance, risk and assurance processes and will play a meaningful role in building out the company’s overall security practice. You will engage various process owners in the design, evaluation, documentation and monitoring of the appropriate security controls in our computing environment, as well as leading external audits. It is essential that you have hands-on experiences in IT assurances and operational audits, as well as prior hands on in IT experiences. You will report to the Head of Operations.
- Perform gap analysis and security risk assessments to determine if the company’s information assets are protected from internal and external threats and are aligned with regulatory requirements
- Work cross-functionally to develop, implement, test and maintain various security processes, controls and training programs
- Conduct internal security audits and provide technical and business recommendation to process owners to remediate all findings
- Work with the Security team in identifying technical security gaps as reported by internal and external customers
- Perform other IT security and assurances related tasks as assigned by management
- Manage 3rd party vendor security assessments
- Develop and provide training to improve the security awareness and knowledge for all employees and contractors
What We Value:
- 3-5+ years in information security assurance and audit such as SOC 2 and ISO 27001
- Hands-on experiences in cloud technologies and security
- Knowledgeable in various IT security frameworks and best practices, such as Privacy Shield and GDPR
- Knowledgeable in both qualitative and quantitative risk assessment methodologies
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and take on challenging new projects with enthusiasm
- Strong cross-functional team program management abilities, including managing multiple assessments concurrently with different stakeholders and timelines
Perks at Loom
* Competitive compensation and equity package
* 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
* Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
* Life insurance
* Long-term disability insurance
* 401(k) with 5% company matching
* Professional development reimbursement
* Mental health and wellness reimbursement
* Gym reimbursement
* Unlimited PTO
* Paid parental leave
* Remote work opportunities
* Yearly off-site retreats (this year was in Barbados)
SF office perks
* Daily lunch on-site
* Unlimited snacks & drinks
* Remote week every other month
* Home office & technology reimbursement
* Co-working space reimbursement
* New-Hire on-boarding in San Francisco (optional)
Loom is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.