Imagine texting with artists, celebrities, visionaries—the leaders you respect and admire—the same way you do with your mom or best friend. Imagine texting with your fans, supporters, or patrons that very same way, with smart, powerful tools to help you engage in direct, meaningful communication. At scale. This is the reality we’re building at Community.
We’re already busy helping some of the most prolific community leaders reach and respond to their members in a way that outperforms the pay-to-play, throttled engagement of traditional social media platforms. Community is not an evolution of social media, it’s a break away from it. A fresh start to communication altogether.
About the role and your impact:
As a Lead Mobile / Android Engineer at Community, you will have an enormous influence on our world-class messaging platform. You’ll be empowered to make decisions on code, processes, and standards - as well as engineer creative solutions to our most important user interface and experience challenges. You’ll have the opportunity to write plenty of code, but perhaps more importantly you’ll be an integral part of a team that fosters creativity and collaboration, values diversity and unique perspectives, and provides endless possibilities for growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with a cross-functional team to iteratively develop and build new features for our mobile app
- Tune and polish features to a high-degree of excellence and relentlessly optimize the Android experience for our customers
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Participate and lead discussions and brainstorms to contribute ideas and feedback
- Engage in code reviews, design sessions, and work cross-functionally
- Be encouraged to participate in open-source projects and share your work and ideas at events, conferences, and our blog (coming soon!)
What You’ll Bring:
- Technical leadership experience and/or managing a small team of mobile engineers
- Extensive recent professional experience building production Android applications in Java
- An intuitive sense for great mobile UI/UX and the ability to think as a user and identify potential UX issues
- A strong understanding of client/server architectures and RESTful web services
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Enjoyment for finding creative solutions to technical challenges and appreciate the balance between strong convictions and a pragmatic approach
- Curiosity about the world around you and a strong desire to learn and grow