Spreedly is a rapidly growing, payments technology firm, with headquarters located in downtown Durham, North Carolina. We are a stable, growth stage company with a team that enjoys working together and is remote friendly and inclusive. Our culture is based around our dedication to a meaningful work/life balance, and our commitment to that is reflected in the way we've structured the company, as well as the benefits and perks that we offer to employees.
We've developed a powerful infrastructure that is central to the massive and growing payments market. We're growing incredibly fast too. In fact, we just raised $75M from Spectrum Equity
. And we're processing over one million transactions per day.
Spreedly is seeking an experienced Support Engineer to join our team, learn all about Spreedly and begin contributing quickly. Our thorough API documentation, ease of implementation, and timely responses are just a few reasons our customers love Spreedly. We are a lean, quickly evolving team that isn’t afraid to reflect on process, approach, and tools to make sure we’re providing the smoothest experience for users in the most efficient way as we scale our team. We will look to you for meaningful feedback on product, user experience, internal processes, and beyond.
We are looking for a strong communicator who demonstrates the ability to prioritize, present solutions and take initiative. You listen with curiosity and a desire to learn, are patient and can see the big picture.
A typical day might include running API calls to troubleshoot a customer issue, combing code (a lot of Ruby) to verify product behavior, updating documentation to provide clarity on said behavior, and running scripts to unblock customers. Outside of the queue, you’ll have opportunities to own projects that help our team scale and develop new skills.
What you'll do
- Research and troubleshoot implementation questions and issues, driving self-service where possible
- Create and maintain documentation to aid in customer education and self-service
- Assist new customers in the migration of their data to Spreedly
- Seek out and execute new ways to optimize and automate team processes and responsibilities
- Track feature requests, deeply understanding the customer use case, value and impact
- Provide early feedback on feature development, training and documentation
- Discover, analyze and communicate gaps in the customer experience
We're looking for someone with
- A history of supporting technical customers
- Excitement for how quality customer interactions drive business growth
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive and take ownership in loosely structured environments
- Demonstrated ability to learn new languages and technologies
Nice to haves
- Web development experience
- Experience at a growth stage SaaS company
- Experience supporting developers
- Familiarity with the payments industry
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Outstanding medical and dental benefits (we pay 100% of monthly premiums for employees + families)
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Medical and dependent care FSA
- Optional vision insurance
- Open PTO policy
- Tues./Thurs. in-office days- the rest of the week employees are free to work wherever they choose
- Paid lunches on in-office days
- 12 weeks paid Family Leave
- Matching 401k plan
- Monthly digital lifestyle stipend
- Yearly paid professional development
When applying, please include a cover letter in the Additional Information section and tell us a little bit about yourself.
This position is open to a local candidate (Durham, NC) or a remote candidate. Currently we are unable to hire in CA, NY, or WA.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples and structured interviews.
Thank you for your interest in our company, because of the high volume of resume flow, we will only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.