We work with the world’s biggest enterprise customers focused on leading a revolution to transform their organizations to take advantage of the digital economy. The list includes Amadeus, Concur, eBay, GE, LinkedIn, and many others. You can learn more here: www.couchbase.com/customers
Are you an individual who is customer focused, innovative, solution oriented and enjoys working with technology partners and global SIs? If so, read on. Couchbase is looking for a talented Senior Partner Solution Architect with expertise in databases, big data, cloud and/or mobile technologies to support our product and partner organization. This position will cover a variety of exciting technologies, including big data, mobile, IoT, containers & orchestration, DevOps and cloud technology ecosystem partners.
- Working with partners to create technical integrations and/or end-to-end solutions between their products and Couchbase. Examples include: Red Hat/IBM, Grafana Labs and Prometheus, Informatica, Confluent/Kafka, Databricks/Spark, Elasticsearch, VMware/Pivotal/Spring, and public Cloud providers
- Assisting our customers to deploy partner integrations and solutions
- Supporting our direct sales teams when they leverage partner solutions at customers
- Creating technical and marketing collateral describing partner integrations and/or solutions
- Developing and delivering exceptional company/product presentations and demonstrations 1:1 and 1:many
- Working with product management and engineering to drive enhancements to the product
- Engagement of the partner community through attendance at technology events, writing blog posts and delivering presentations at trade shows
- Partner education and maximizing Couchbase’s success through effective coaching and product positioning
- 10+ years working in a customer facing position such as presales, post-sales or consulting
- 10+ years experience in traditional RDBMS or NoSQL databases, including data modeling. Direct exposure to Couchbase, Cassandra, MongoDB, Aerospike, Redis and Hadoop/HBase is preferable, but not required
- 10+ years experience with Linux, Windows and their ecosystems, including Bash, Python and GitHub
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an ability to present complex solutions concisely 1:1 and to a large audience
- Fluency in speaking to the full range of IT stakeholders including the IT Director / CIO level
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about some established and emerging trends across the cloud ecosystem.
- Continuously learning about exciting new technologies like Kubernetes, Apache Camel, Prometheus, AWS Lambda, OpenWhisk, Kafka, Spark, Quarkus, and Spring Data, among other Cloud Native Computing Foundation projects
- Passionate about the mobile and IoT ecosystem, including Android, iOS, field gateways and distributed systems with intermittent connectivity
- Good knowledge of data center architecture covering multi datacenter and global deployments
- Organized and analytical, able to thrive under pressure with outstanding time management skills
- Creative and adaptive approach to removing obstacles and accelerating the integration efforts
- Ability to travel to both partner and customer sites 25% or more
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.