At Respondent, we believe in-depth research interviews are essential and are the oxygen to intelligent innovation. Our marketplace empowers entire organizations by connecting researchers with verified business professionals so they can conduct the kind of research interviews that yield invaluable results. With these new insights, high-quality decision making is scaled across their organization and innovation flourishes.
B2B companies like IBM, Oracle, Atlassian, Twillio, Microsoft, and many more choose to leverage Respondent to conduct their research interviews and make smarter business decisions.
We are a small, but quickly growing fully remote tech startup. Working as a distributed team
allows us to hire the best talent regardless of location. We look forward to learning more about you and how you might fit into our thriving community of initiative-takers and diverse thinkers.
What you'll do
- You will report to the CEO, and work closely with other leadership team members to develop and execute a product strategy that is aligned with customer needs and the company's mission
- As head of product, you will exclusively own specific product KPIs like conversion and time to value which feed directly into hitting revenue targets. We are a product led growth company which means the product is responsible for driving revenue growth
- You will work closely with engineering to develop product using an agile methodology
- You deeply understand what Respondent’s vision, mission, and company goals are
- You will drive and execute the product roadmap and will be responsible for prioritizing what we build in order to achieve the strategic goals and initiatives of the company
- You will own Respondents product KPIs and will consistently monitor and use marketplace unit economics to steer us toward long-term sustainable growth toward doubling revenue this year
- You will be responsible for defining the release process and coordinating all of the activities required to launch and take products to market
- You will determine which ideas should be promoted into features to push the product strategy forward — namely those that will achieve key objectives for the product and business
- You will discuss technical implementation details with engineers and make trade-offs to strike a balance between meeting the customer needs and hitting deadlines and company goals
- You will work across the product to collect needed data to make decisions. You have a scrappy, quick method for collecting data and make decisions with imperfect information.
- You will be a liaison between product and engineering and work together to ensure engineering understands requirements
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer, and create processes to institutionalize the collection and incorporation of customer feedback and market research
Who you are
- You have past experience working in a high quality product led growth environment
- You are entrepreneurial minded with a bias toward action and a willingness to take ownership. You operate like a business owner and think about the company holistically when making decisions.
- You understand how to work in an agile environment and know what it takes to iterate quickly. You recognize this is crucial to the success of the business
- You have technical prowess and can navigate code so that you can best understand the technical limitations of a product
- You can make sense of data and write queries for data analysis
- You are constantly testing to prove hypotheses right or wrong. You embrace failure and do what it takes to reach the best outcome possible while also mitigating business-threatening risks
- You are well aligned with Respondent’s company values and understand what these values mean in a real working environment
- You are able to switch between tactical to strategic work with ease. You are energized by working on many different things at once and you are not afraid of occasional chaos
- As head of product, you will sit in the leadership team and you will be expected to live up to Respondents leadership principles
- Understand the perspective and role of each function in the business and evaluate competing interests in light of top-line business objectives
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, brings something new to the team, and elevates our game. Our core values are very important to us and we hope they resonate with you, too. You can read more about them here
Working at Respondent is a unique experience. You will be part of a remote, diverse team. We care deeply about creating a cohesive, tight-knit culture that gets results. That’s why we offer our employees the following:
- Work remotely from anywhere in a continental US Time Zone (we are not able to accommodate continuous travel e.g. digital nomadism, remote year, etc.)
- A full office set up, including a MacBook Pro, desk, second screen, ergonomic chair, and wireless mouse & keyboard
- Health insurance for US-based employees covered at 99% for individuals and 50% for dependents (non-US employees receive a healthcare stipend)
- Short Term Disability covered at 100% for all US-based employees
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks fully paid leave with an additional optional 4 weeks unpaid
- Dental and Vision insurance offered at group rates to lower the cost for US-based employees
- Four weeks of flexible vacation (need a bit more for religious or country holidays--no problem!)
- 12 Paid holidays
- Stock options
- 401k (not matching) for US-based employees
- Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in-person: our most recent ones were in Arizona (at a ranch), New Orleans, and San Antonio!
Respondent is an equal opportunity employer
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in Respondent's long term success. Our dynamic team members have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage candidates from under represented backgrounds to apply.