*This role will be required to be based in the UK or France,
*You must be able to provide coverage for UK time 8 AM - 5 PM.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) serves as a designated technical support contact and a trusted advisor to Algolia’s customers. The TAM works to deliver and manage resolution of complex issues with the full context and understanding of the customers specific product and technology environment. The TAM will orchestrate reactive and proactive support across Algolia Product Engineering teams as related to a customer’s operation and optimization of Algolia’s products. By maintaining a long-term relationship with their customers, a TAM gains an understanding of the customer’s overall technical environment, usage trends, and pain points - which is used by the TAM to effectively support customers.
- Serve as the primary point of contact, develop and lead the technical relationships for a named set of accounts.
- Work closely with your account’s Customer Success Manager to ensure the customer’s long term health through a world-class support experience.
- Manage a diverse and complex scope of support issues across multiple client engagements.
- Work across the organization and escalate as necessary for confirmation of solutions or other options.
- Effectively troubleshoot, properly document, and regularly update customer’s support issues.
- Submit software bug reports to the Engineering team for problems needing attention.
- Partner with Product Teams and Engineering to develop subject matter expertise and serve as a product expert to your customers.
- Develop, maintain and present comprehensive case status reports to customers on a regularly scheduled meeting.
- Proactively identify and work with the customer to resolve technical risks and bottlenecks.
- Provide guidance on how to optimize the use of their environment.
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Support, supporting SaaS enterprise software
- Experience with REST API, database management, and web development technologies
- Strong desire to help people solve problems with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a broad audience
- Proficiency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone and email channels
- Excellence in time management, task prioritization, and evaluation of situational urgency
- Algolia operates a 24/7 support center, ability to work weekends and holidays as needed may be required
- Travel to customers' locations may be required
- This role will be required to work UK time (8 AM - 5 PM)
NICE TO HAVE:
- Basic familiarity with iOS & Android platforms.
- Experience supporting open-source projects & their GitHub communities.
- Working in a 24/7 contact center environment
- Experience with Shopify, Magento, and Salesforce.com a plus
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside