Spreedly is a rapidly growing, growth private-equity funded digital payments company with headquarters located in downtown Durham, North Carolina. We've developed a high volume, global solution that makes the payment ecosystem better by bringing together a diverse range of merchants and solution providers from around the world.
Our employees help build a culture that values independence, transparency, and collaboration in a digital-first communication environment. We hope you do your best work at Spreedly and find a mature workplace striving to support the ebb and flow of work-life harmony.
A Spreedly Accountant II functions as an integral team member in the accounting team to assist with month-end close, including but not limited to general ledger accounting, tax compliance and also ad-hoc financial analysis. This position interacts with multiple departments and requires a demonstrated capability for generally accepted accounting principles, attention to detail and problem solving in a fast-paced and dynamic progressive environment.
Experience and Requirements
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ general ledger and tax experience
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel required.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Strong planning and organization, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to interact/problem-solve between departments and outside vendors.
- Experience / working knowledge of transactional accounting systems and processes.
- Netsuite experience highly preferred.
- Contribute to the development of financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
- Maintain and prepare reconciliations, journal entries and memos for areas of responsibility.
- Assist with annual budget, and rolling forward forecast.
- Ensure tax compliance with current regulations, follow accounting policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Analyze and recommend actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Investigate questionable data.
- Assist with month end closing.
- Provide supporting documentation for audits.
- Contribute to the development of company-wide templates.
- Flexibility to multi-task in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Practical and applied knowledge of general accounting standards and principals.
- Capacity to support general accounting, tax and analytical problem solving projects.
- Ability to contribute to transactional process and systems improvement projects.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Outstanding medical and dental benefits (we pay 100% of monthly premiums for employees + families)
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Medical and dependent care FSA
- Optional vision insurance
- Open PTO policy
- Tues./Thurs. in-office days- the rest of the week employees are free to work wherever they choose (currently 100% work from home due to COVID-19)
- Paid lunches on in-office days
- 12 weeks paid Family Leave
- Matching 401k plan
- Monthly digital lifestyle stipend
- Yearly paid professional development
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples and structured interviews.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, WA or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
Thank you for your interest in our company, because of the high volume of resume flow, we will only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.