The medical software industry is experiencing a revolution, and pMD is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has the talent and drive to change it forever. You'll have a huge impact on health care in America by using cutting edge technology to change the way that physicians practice medicine.
As a Senior Software Engineer at pMD, you're a technical leader in training. You've not only demonstrated engineering excellence, you've also been informally building management skills since you were in school by balancing multiple high-priority projects simultaneously. Your past accomplishments suggest that as the company continues to grow, you're ready to start mentoring others and eventually build and lead a team of developers.
Your programming work will focus on the pMD server and iOS applications, which tens of thousands of physicians and patients rely on each day to deliver and receive care. You'll build innovative, intuitive telehealth and communication features that save lives. In addition, you'll leverage your experience with growth hacking methods and tools to help make pMD a household name.
A developer’s career at pMD is nothing like the stereotype of a programmer. In addition to brilliant engineering, it’s a hybrid program management role, involving high-level decision making and interaction with customers who love using our product. Not only will the relationships you build with pMD's users become an invaluable source of feedback on your development work, they'll also inspire you to wake up each morning and make a difference in health care.
Our development team is small and collaborative, so you will experience rapid career growth through real mentorship. You'll be a name (or a nickname) on the team and at happy hour, rather than Developer #300. You'll have opportunities to be involved in sales, marketing, customer success, recruiting, and other aspects of the business.
At pMD you’ll wear many hats, have a lot of responsibility, and be part of a fun, smart, and creative team. We are debt-free, self-sustaining, and profitable; have extremely happy customers; and make up a group of people as talented and passionate as you are. We love what we do and care about doing good in the world. We strive to work like a beautifully engineered German car: fast, efficient, and fun.
- bring at least three years of focused, impactful software development experience
- build features that are intuitive and fun to use
- utilize data-driven techniques, such as A/B testing and app store optimization, in your relentless pursuit of user growth and retention
- have intelligence, energy, and integrity
- want to grow your career quickly and start learning leadership skills
- are detail-oriented, focused, and proactive
- keep your finger on the pulse of emerging technologies and bring new ideas to the team
- find elegant solutions to complex business issues
- communicate fluidly in a team environment
- aren't agoraphobic - travel is fun (as long as it can be done safely!)
- are a small, mission-driven team passionate about making a difference
- have a track record of success as a fast-growing private company. We’ve made the Inc. 5000 fastest growing company list for eight consecutive years, and in 2018 we made the SF Business Times Fast 100 fastest growing company list as well
- inhabit a beautiful building on San Francisco’s north waterfront
- love what we do! Our employees rated us 5/5 on Glassdoor and we received “Best Place to Work” awards from SF Business Times,Modern Healthcare and Inc. Magazine
- love our customers - and they love us! We have over 1,200 glowing reviews on our website
- provide benefits like 100% of health insurance premiums covered, virtual happy hours, wellness programs, and much more!
At pMD you can grow as quickly as you want to. Plus, you'll be able to see the impact of your work immediately, and you'll hear from our users about how your efforts have improved their lives.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. as a precondition of employment.