As our first accounting hire at Sensor Tower, you will own our end to end accounting cycle. You will be working directly with our Head of Finance on strategic decision making, audit preparations, month-end close, process improvements, and board level reporting. As a member of a lean team, we’re looking for someone that is motivated, organized, accountable and able to proactively communicate needs, challenges and ideas for new solutions. This person should be excited to constantly improve our processes with an eye towards efficiency and compliance.
Report to: Head of Finance and Sales Strategy
Location: We are open to candidates working with us remotely or on-site at our San Francisco Headquarters.
- Lead month-end financial reporting tasks related to deposit accounts, bank reconciliations, journal entries, reconciliations, deferred rent, and pre-paids
- Manage Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Provide budget reconciliations, month-end variance and other analyses and presentations to stakeholders
- Assist in preparing various regulatory filings
- Continuously optimize and improve processes and systems
- Ensure adoption of new processes and software across multiple counterparts in the organization
- Support the Head of Finance in creating and managing compliance processes (i.e. SOX controls and implementation)
- Revenue Recognition under ASC606
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics and/or a related major
- 3+ years of accounting experience including at least 2+ years in public accounting
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented: able to work with large volumes of data with speed and accuracy. Ability to self-check work.
- Ability to be flexible and resourceful in response to changing priorities and needs
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong knowledge of key accounting concepts, GAAP, SOX controls
- Customer service oriented, especially for internal teams
- Proficiency in ERP Systems and excellent Excel skills
- Enthusiastic, upbeat, and positive with the ability to stay calm in the face of uncertainty and hyper growth.
Why Join Sensor Tower
- We were named one of the 50 Tech Companies to Know in 2020 by BuiltIn.
- After seven years of building Sensor Tower off of $1MM (Seed, 2013), we're excited to announce our $45MM growth investment. Read more about it here, in the words of our co-founders.
- You align with our Core Values: Customer-Focused, Innovative, Continuously Learning, Action-Oriented, Respectful, Data & Metrics-Driven.
- We grant options to all of our employees because we recognize that everybody plays an integral role in our success; thus all employees should be invested in Sensor Tower (both figuratively and literally).
- We offer catered lunch and dinner everyday, unlimited PTO, opportunities to join corporate sports leagues, flexible work hours, 401K, Boba Fridays, Project Juice First Fridays, team trips (white water rafting, Hawaii, and weekend Tahoe mansion trips to name a few), and more.
Sensor Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.