Circonus is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to join our customer support team as a Technical Support Analyst. In this role, you’ll provide technical support to customers dealing with complex issues surrounding the use of Circonus. In particular, we’re seeking someone to provide our customers with an exceptionally positive support experience – every time. A deep desire to provide excellent customer service coupled with a strong (and broad) technical background is critical.
- Work in the home office in Fulton, Maryland or remotely (US only)
- Troubleshoot customer support requests (telephone, web, email), and deliver solutions
- Provide on-call support for system outages
- Escalate and track issues to Tier 3 support
- Interface with engineering to develop and test solutions, incorporate field patches into codebase, and test and install new features
- Create and maintain system documentation and end user training materials
- Assist product management in developing and prioritizing enhancement lists
- Summarize, communicate and escalate customer experiences to management
- Actively contribute to community forums
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- 3-5 years in a Technical Support role within the SaaS space
- 3-5 years advanced Linux server administration skills, including including shell/scripting
- Knowledge of computer networking and networking administration
- Fluency producing documentation targeted at developers or operations teams
- Organized, self-starter with an ability to follow through on issues under minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and quickly shift contexts
- Prior experience working with software in development or test environments
- Experience working with project management software such as JIRA
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Nice To Have
- Degree in Computer Science or similar technical field
- Experience with HTML and/or Git/GitHub
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure and services such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience and/or technical knowledge of monitoring and analytics solutions
- Experience in the B2B tech space or with subscription based software preferred
Circonus is a software company that is changing the way the world monitors both IT infrastructure and the business it powers. Our SaaS and on-premise solutions enable companies to combine monitoring, alerting, event processing, and predictive analytics into a unified solution. Visualize any data, in any application, from any system, in real-time. Circonus scales from a single team to a worldwide organization that tracks thousands of devices analyzing millions of metrics. API driven automation empowers developers and makes operational teams incredibly efficient, while analytics drive insights that improve organization wide performance.
We enjoy a global reach, but our customers primarily cluster on the East Coast, California, and to a lesser degree, Europe. Our success stems from (a) delivering an industry-leading offering and (b) an obsession with customer satisfaction.
Culturally, we operate like a startup. Small, agile teams with quick decisions and short, iterative cycle times. We relish our core values of respect, integrity, value and growth, among others. This is probably the kind of place where you want to work.
All of our positions include a discretionary PTO policy, health insurance, gym reimbursement, a generous 401k, the opportunity for a bonus and more.