Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
Education is a key driver to our customers’ success. Confluent is seeking a strong and passionate curriculum development manager to guide our educational content development and release processes, working across departments and with customer input to ensure the successful end-to-end delivery of the largest and most complex curriculum development projects and e-learning initiatives. The Curriculum Development Manager will work with content developers, instructional designers, and subject matter experts from across Confluent to build and execute against a content roadmap using a structured, controlled, best-practices and methodology-based approach. Ideally, the successful candidate would have a track record with experience in the software industry.
What you can expect to work on
- Content Strategy: working across Confluent departments, establish an enterprise content strategy aligned with top priorities of event streaming practitioners, including existing customers and prospects. Oversee storyboard creation. Brainstorming and nurturing new programs and initiatives that relate to the mission of Confluent Education is an on-going important component of this position.
- Content and Curriculum Development: oversee development of an on-demand-first content portfolio capable of numerous delivery uses. Build, maintain and continually evolve and enhance curriculum and learning paths, across multiple personas. Experience managing content in languages other than English a plus or previous localization knowledge would be helpful.
- Release Management: manage all educational products globally by facilitating the successful and consistent launch of all products (ex:- courses, datasheets, video learning modules, ILT classes worldwide). Balance stakeholder priorities and business profitability.
- Quality management: ensure content and learning experiences meet quality standards
- Team management: the ability to project manage multiple moving parts of curriculum development is vital therefore experience in management of virtual teams is a must.
- Talent development, coaching, and mentoring: building a high-performing team of smart, humble, and empathetic education professionals
What you need to succeed
- You are a driver: You are deadline driven, motivated by results, and fired up to get things done.
- You are bold. You are unafraid of taking on new challenges and excited by the prospect of building something world class.
- You are smart, humble, and empathetic. You know that as you lift others, you yourself are elevated.
- This isn’t your first rodeo. You have many years in curriculum development and know the ins and outs of developing at scale and across multiple modalities. You have experience releasing products globally
- You are highly organized. You can execute to a strategy, project management comes naturally to you, and you pay attention to the details.
- You believe in the power of building a great team. You can motivate a small team through vision, inspiration, coaching, and data.
- A minimum of 15-years in the training/educational/learning field
- Demonstrated success in delivering global-scale education programs
- Experience working in an agile software development team and familiarity with scrum best practices.
- Previous experience introducing e-learning/distance learning initiatives
- The ability to lead a dispersed, predominantly remote-based global team
- Proven success meeting deadlines including monthly and quarterly goals
Nice to have
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology start-up
- Experience working in an open source technology / community environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including storytelling
About the team
Love technology and care about customers? We do! The Customer Solutions Group team consists of smart people who are passionate about earning our customer’s love and helping them realize business value from their Confluent software. We’re journey obsessed, proactively guiding customer success motions. We’re value-oriented, opinionated and provocative, innovative thought leaders who work together to win as a team. We’re geeks with a heart who get to work with very cool software at some of the biggest and most innovative companies in the world.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice
, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.