Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Join us! Atlassian is looking for a Program Manager to help scale our Customer Experience (CX) operations.
If you thrive on making high performing teams hum, you have experience driving a powerful operational strategy, and a knack for keeping busy people accountable and productive, then this role is for you!
We are looking for a program manager that is passionate about operations and customer centric design and research. You will lead operations that support the Research and Insights department to ensure that the business is running smoothly from planning, to program delivery accountability, to meeting facilitation.
As Program Manager, you will:
- Serve as the right hand to our Head of Research & Insights, partnering with the leadership team to ensure successful delivery of programs through well run operations.
- Assume program delivery accountability across the our Research & Insights org by overseeing business metrics performance, facilitating reviews and checkpoints and other critical components to our operational muscle.
- Run annual and quarterly planning - run annual and quarterly planning process for R&I teams, ensure that the annual strategy is set, communicated and operations are in place to execute against it.
- Lead department operations - facilitate weekly leadership sessions, monthly and quarterly reviews, annual planning, and leadership offsites.
In order to be successful in this role, you:
- Understand Customer Research. You have experience working with customer researchers, you understand the role of a user research in software development and common industry terms.
- Think strategically. You have a strategic mindset, recognising the importance of long term goals, have vision, and are committed to success. All while balancing the short term, tactical needs in front of us.
- Inclusive but driven facilitator. You have a knack for getting people focused, driving towards an outcome, while ensuring diverse perspectives are welcomed.
- Are an excellent communicator, written and verbal. You know how to connect with people all over the globe at various levels of seniority, and you're comfortable calling "BS" if you see it - even with execs.
- Know how to strike the balance on just enough process; you know what will help a team run effectively, and know how to introduce change in a way that helps make us faster and more confident.
- Think fast on your feet, come up with solutions to critical situations, make timely decisions and take calculated risks. You are constantly searching for new knowledge and new ideas and willing to learn better ways of doing things.
In terms of experience, this means:
- You've worked at least 3+ years in an Operations and Program Management capacity – ideally this includes a large, complex environment supporting a product/software delivery organisation.
- You’ve had experience working with Customer Experience Researchers and you understand the practices of customer centric design.
- You’ve worked collaboratively within teams, influencing to drive not just tactical execution but also larger strategy.
- You are comfortable leading programs of work, managing stakeholder expectations and dependencies.
- You have a general understanding of the design, product and engineering crafts with the understanding of how these teams collaborate.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.