We’re now looking for a Sr. Analytics Engineer (sometimes called a Data Analyst or BI Engineer) to build customer facing dashboards and support internal stakeholders such as Data Science, Product, Sales, and Marketing. We are specifically looking for someone well into their career with solid engineering skills and a desire to transform customers financial data into actionable insights.
Our mission is to build financial management technologies that enable the world’s most important companies to grow more quickly in a sustainable way that’s good for people, the planet, and business.
When companies have strong cash flow performance they can shift from short-term acrobatics to long-term growth and innovation. These are the teams that change the world by being freed to optimize for all of their stakeholders, including their employees, business partners, and environment.
Cash flow is the toughest financial statement to understand but it’s fundamental to funding your own growth. We build the most intuitive and actionable tools for companies to optimize cash flow performance. Our platform analyzes billions of dollars of B2B transactions each year, users spend 70% of their workday in Tesorio, and we save finance teams thousands of hours. As a result, they can invest more confidently and anticipate their capital needs further in advance.
We’re growing quickly and working with the world’s best companies and the largest bank in the US. We recently raised a $10MM Series A led by Madrona Venture Group and are backed by top investors including First Round Capital, Y Combinator, and Floodgate. We’re also backed by tenured finance execs, including the former CFOs of Oracle and NetSuite.
We’re now looking to build out our analytics capability with our first Sr. Analytics Engineer. This position would be part of the Data Science Team and own Analytics at Tesorio. This position will be creating production quality dashboards for Tesorio customers and internal stakeholders such as Product, Sales, and Marketing. We are looking for someone who has the combination of data engineering skills, business sense, and ability to speak directly with executives.
You are an ideal candidate for this role if you enjoy taking a problem statement and turning it into a production quality dashboard or presentation. You would enjoy speaking directly with customers, have solid engineering skills to transform data, and build dashboards without bugs or data quality issues. You would also be able to prioritize requests from multiple internal and external stakeholders and be able to say no to certain requests.
Our team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and we have a diverse, distributed workforce across the Americas. We don’t believe that people need to sacrifice being close to their families and where they’d prefer to live in order to do their best work. This position would be joining the Data Science Team, in which the entire team is distributed.
- Provide insights to customers and internal stakeholders through building data visualizations
- Be an expert on the data in our database, know every in and out of the data, and how to apply that data to a customer's pain point
- Transform data with whatever tool is best for the job, whether that is SQL, Python, or some other tool
- Build strategic reporting for executive level stakeholders
- Speak directly with customers to understand their pain points and turn into actionable insight
- 6+ years of experience in engineering and building dashboards
- Fluent in Python or R and SQL
- Familiarity with ETL workflows
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience using dashboard tools such as Metabase, Looker, Tableau, etc.
- Ability to familiarize and understand client pain paints, and translate into insight
- Solid writing, communication, and presentation skills
Nice to Have
- Degree in Business or Economics and/or interest in finance
- Exposure to machine learning, but no modeling experience necessary
- Experience with SQL based ETL tools such as DBT