Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Atlassian is looking for a Data Engineer to join our Cloud FinOps team and build world-class data solutions and applications that power business decisions throughout the organisation. Are you a forward-thinking, structured problem solver who is passionate about working with a wide variety of people from all parts of our business? This is an opportunity to enable a world-class cloud centre of excellence as the genius behind our data transforms and delivery, helping drive how Atlassian's use cloud billing & utilisation data, application service metrics, and data models to help make service cost management a data driven process. You love thinking about the ways the business can consume this data and then figuring out how to build it.
You will have the opportunity to apply your background in on building analytics data models to support the team in a a broad range of analytical requirements. By being an ally with other organisations within the Atlassian you will help to evolve practices and supporting models to integrate them into the sources of truth used for Service Governance, Site Reliability, and Technical Education.
You will lead a problem end-to-end, so those skills will come in handy not just to collect, extract, and clean the data, but also to understand the systems that generated it. On an ongoing basis, you'll be responsible for improving the data by adding new sources, coding business rules, and producing new metrics that support the business. The requirements will be vague. Iterations will be rapid. You will need to be nimble and take smart risks.
On your first day, you will to have:
- At least 3 years professional experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with solution building and architecting with public cloud offerings such as Amazon Web Services, Redshift, S3, EMR/Spark, Presto/Athena
- Experience with Spark and Hive
- Expertise in SQL, SQL tuning, schema design, Python and ETL processes
- Expertise in data pipeline with such workflow tools as Airflow, Oozie or Luigi
- Solid understanding experience in building RESTful APIs and micro-services, e.g. with Flask
- Experience in test automation and ensuring data quality across multiple datasets used for analytical purposes
- Experience with Lambda Architecture or other Big Data architectural best practices
We would love if you have:
- Experience with test automation and continuous delivery
- A graduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
More about the team:
- The FinOps team drives Atlassian’s pursuit of a lean cloud cost model through cost awareness and optimisation practices. We start this financial year with 3 goals:
- Give teams the knowledge they need to maintain an ongoing awareness of their financial footprint, and opportunities to reduce it.
- Unify the worlds of finance and engineering via a common language
- Optimise everything
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.