At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
As part of the Cloud support team, you will directly respond to questions from our customers on areas such as connectivity, the availability of Couchbase Cloud along with questions on Couchbase and Couchbase Cloud features. You will work closely with our product and engineering teams to escalate complex problems as appropriate. Timely response and proactive communication with the customer to keep them informed and answer their questions in a timely manner is extremely crucial.
Note: Wish to work from home? Not a problem - This role can be remote and located anywhere in the United States.
- Utilize cloud and Couchbase expertise in a customer-first mindset to help our customers throughout the world be successful
- Have passion for technology and collaboration
- Solve complex distributed systems and cloud challenges of today’s cloud-native database infrastructure
- Take part in a global team of our cloud operations team across the US, UK and India
- Handle customer support questions of various levels of difficulty utilizing live text chat with technical or non-technical customers
- Genuinely enjoy helping others and be able to interpret their requests
- Communication skills both written and verbal and be knowledgeable about a wide range of cloud and open source technologies
- 5+ years of experience in providing cloud support and troubleshooting database problems
- Experience administering large-scale production environments, including IaaS, and PaaS, operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows), database software
- Degree in Tech/Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong operating knowledge and troubleshooting skills related to cloud platforms, operating systems (Linux, Unix, Windows), networking, databases and security
- Basic familiarity with Amazon Web Service or other cloud infrastructure platforms is required
- Couchbase skills are highly desired
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal as well as soft skills troubleshooting issues with customers
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to pursuing, hiring and developing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.