Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Do you have a passion for crafting products and insights with data? Do you love finding the next big ‘aha’ insight which changes the way a business thinks about their customers? Would you like to drive real change with global impact at the HQ of the world's hottest SaaS company?
Atlassian is looking for a Data Scientist to join our Product Analytics team in Sydney, Australia. We’re seeking someone with strong business instincts, creativity and analytics mastery, who is passionate about applying these skills to drive smarter product decisions and ultimately, delight our customers.
You’ll be joining Atlassian’s Agile team, a multi-discipline product organisation who has the mission to maintain our leadership in the Agile space
so that our customers can connect every dimension of their work with greater visibility, organisation, and impact through Jira Software. You will also be a thought leader in the Analytics and Data Science team. Your peers will rely on your expertise and you will play a major role in driving initiatives that keep Atlassian at the forefront of world-class in analytics and data science.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Play with our seriously large volume of analytics data to understand insightful trends and employ this behavioural data and insights to intelligently to improve user journeys and customer value
- Envision, scope, and execute projects by collaborating with partners, customer research, data engineers and other analysts
- Foster a world-class analytics culture, leading by example, through education and creation of self-service tools, to make a lasting change in how your partners use data to make decisions
On the first day, we'll expect you to have
- 2+ years of experience applying your analytics skills to drive projects which have had proven impact to strategic and product roadmap decisions
- An agile development mindset, appreciating the benefit of constant iteration and improvement. A very high bar for output quality, while balancing “having something now" vs. "perfection in the future"
- Proficiency in data manipulation (SQL) and statistical programming languages (R or Python)
- Experience in one or more visualisation tools (Tableau, R-Shiny, etc)
- Strong ability to communicate. Explaining analytical and data science concepts to non-analytics partners, and crafting compelling insights
- Familiarity working with Product Management, Engineering, Design, Customer Research and Data Engineering teams
- A degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics, mathematics, physics, econometrics, or computer science)
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Previously worked in global teams and high growth companies
- An understanding of the SaaS development, business model and metrics
- Experience in A/B experimentation
- Are an active member of the broader analytics and data science community
Product Analytics at Atlassian is an exciting and ever-evolving space. At our core, we drive value for both our customers and the business by understanding how and why our customers use and love our products. We are a collaborative team of high achievers. We love to explore, challenge and have a lot of fun along the way.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.