Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Atlassian is seeking a Strategy Associate who is passionate about driving growth at a fast growing software company with a unique business model, and playing a key role in the development of our developer Ecosystem and Marketplace. If you are looking to make a big impact, partner with world-class talent, and take your career to the next level, we encourage you to join us in this exciting journey. You are a good fit if you are driven, highly organized, a self-starter, analytical, and have strong foundational business acumen.
At Atlassian, the Strategy & Business Operations team is a high impact and visible team that works closely with product & business leaders across the company. Using your business insight, analytical skills and creativity, you will partner directly with product managers in our Ecosystem & Marketplace team. You’ll play a key role in driving strategy, growth, and business operations. You’ll contribute to projects from inception to execution and delivery, ensuring that the solutions developed are creative and offer high-quality and actionable recommendations to business partners. You'll also quarterback aspects of the month-to-month business operations, increasing visibility and accountability around business metrics that drive growth.
More About You
In this role, you'll get to:
- Partner directly with product, go-to-market and finance teams to support delivery of strategic recommendations and analyses, prioritize product roadmaps and develop go-to-market & monetization strategies that drive growth for the business
- Support our Ecosystem SBO Manager (based in Sydney) and Marketplace Product Manager (based in Bengaluru) on critical initiatives to strengthen the Atlassian Ecosystem and Marketplace
- Drive strategic decision-making and help inform business decisions through analysis, research and insights
- Support the build of financial and analytical models to identify actionable insights, exercise sound business discernment, and develop recommendations to influence and drive consensus across functional leaders
- Contribute to the monthly process to monitor performance, including driving the product metrics review cadence and "quarterbacking" a cross-functional team to diagnose problems when they occur
- Support the development of packaging and pricing models to better align with customer needs, value and willingness-to-pay
On Your First Day, We'll Expect You To Have
~3 years' experience in two or more areas of: strategy, product, go-to-market / sales strategy, monetization, strategic finance, or similar
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to business case development / strategic recommendations from end-to-end
- Experience supporting qualitative and quantitative customer or market research
- Experience with financial modelling and building revenue and cost drivers, using Excel
- A foundational understanding of Marketplace and Enterprise Software business models
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills
It's Great, But Not Required Of You, To Have
- Industry experience in Developer Ecosystems / SaaS Marketplaces
- Experience using SQL
- Knowledge of BI tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau)
More About The Strategy And Business Operations Team
We are a talented and collaborative team with a unique mix of backgrounds from the technology, consulting and financial services industries. Our responsibilities include driving product strategy, growth through monetization, go-to-market initiatives, as well as leading the ongoing business operations that support the business. We encourage decision-making at every level and highly value an open-minded approach and organizational transparency. We partner closely with the product teams, and also work closely with business leadership across multiple other functions including marketing, analytics, finance, and more to support the company’s continued growth. You'll join a team that is not only intelligent, motivated, and passionate about Atlassian's products and customers, but also fun to work with.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.