At Pachyderm, we're building an open-source enterprise-grade data science platform that lets you deploy and manage multi-stage, language-agnostic data pipelines while maintaining complete reproducibility and provenance. If you want to learn more about our grand vision, read what has become our "manifesto."
Our system, developed with open source roots, shifts the paradigm of data science workflows by providing reproducibility, data provenance, and opportunity for true collaboration. Pachyderm utilizes modern technologies like Docker and Kubernetes to build an entirely new method of analyzing data. Offered both as an in-house solution as well as hosted-service, Pachyderm brings together version-control for data with the tools to build scalable end-to-end ML/AI pipelines while empowering users to use any language, framework, or tool they want.
As a open-source product with a vibrant community (2000+ members in our slack channel, 100+ contributors on GitHub), our product documentation, user resources, and product training platform are all fundamental pieces of our success.
We're looking for a Documentation Engineer to lead the implementation of a comprehensive docs strategy; creating content such as new tutorials, architectural diagrams, API docs, and training courses. This is a highly technical role that will require you use and teach our product, understand infrastructure tools such as Kubernetes and Docker and leverage all the various cloud platforms.
The ideal candidate is ex-engineer who loves teaching, creative problem solving, interacting with the community, and is an expert collaborator. While extensive programming experience is not a requirement, you will have the opportunity to do some development work with our docs infrastructure (mkdocs), training tutorial platform (katacoda), and building examples for webinars, conferences, and training videos.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Build and maintain our documentation infrastructure, web portal, and release process
- Write documentation for new product features
- Build how-to and training tutorials for Pachyderm, Data Science Workflows, Kubernetes, and Cloud infra best practices
- Own and develop the Pachyderm Training Platform, Pachyderm Academy (should we call it PachAdemy?) including katacoda, training courses, youtube tutorial channel, and an eventual Pachyderm Certification process
- Explore other data science products in the ecosystem (complementary and competitive) and help build integration PoCs
- Define recommendations on content standards, needed improvements, and content gaps
- Prioritize and document customer and user bugs to inform engineering efforts
- 2+ years of engineering, development, and/or technical writing experience
- Must be comfortable working with code, dev tools such as Docker as well as the terminal
- Intermediate development experience in Python, R, or Go is considered a huge plus
- A love for teaching, explaining concepts, and empowering users and other community members
- A track record of producing timely, high quality, and relevant technical content
- Ability to handle deadlines and remain highly organized while delivering multiple pieces of content at the same time
- Team player, self-motivated and able to take ownership of assigned tasks
- Must have strong writing, editing, organizational and communication skills, and meticulous attention to detail
- Curious, enthusiastic learner who can translate technical concepts to a variety of audiences