Spreedly is a rapidly growing, growth private-equity funded digital payments company with headquarters located in downtown Durham, North Carolina. We've developed a high volume, global solution that makes the payment ecosystem better by bringing together a diverse range of merchants and solution providers from around the world.
Our employees help build a culture that values independence, transparency, and collaboration in a digital-first communication environment. We hope you do your best work at Spreedly and find a mature workplace striving to support the ebb and flow of work-life harmony.
Spreedly is looking for a dynamic, data-oriented leader to help drive the next exciting phase of our growth as theDirector of Customer Success for our small and medium sized customers. The Director of Customer Success will lead the operations of the Customer Success team, including strategy, direction and account management. With a strong focus on data analytics, the Director of Customer Success owns the customer lifecycle for month to month customers to ensure client satisfaction and growth, responsible for customer retention and the prevention of churn, and works closely with relevant stakeholders across marketing, engineering, product development and finance within the company. The ideal candidate will have a track record of utilizing tools and services to build powerful, actionable insights that improve onboarding conversions, service usage and decrease preventable churn.
Required Experience / Skills
- Strong data analytics skills and the demonstrated ability to utilize data in making business decisions
- Real world examples of utilizing tools such as Looker, Intercom, Churn Zero to build an end to end process that resulted in higher conversions, faster ramping and decreased preventable churn
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Keen understanding of customer needs and ability to implement mutually beneficial solutions
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset focusing on automating support to promote scalability
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with ability to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Maintains discretion in working with sensitive and confidential information
- Work closely with marketing to create a 360 degree from awareness, conversion, usage, up-sell and advocacy
- Manage and optimize customer journey
- Manage Customer Success activities including indicators of high-growth and potential churn
- Define and measure the effectiveness of Customer Success utilizing data to drive improvement
- Retain and develop a world class Customer Success team
- Lead cross functionally to inspire and drive Customer Success across company
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Outstanding medical and dental benefits (we pay 100% of monthly premiums for employees + families)
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Medical and dependent care FSA
- Optional vision insurance
- Open PTO policy
- Tues./Thurs. in-office days- the rest of the week employees are free to work wherever they choose (currently 100% work from home due to COVID-19)
- Paid lunches on in-office days
- 12 weeks paid Family Leave
- Matching 401k plan
- Monthly digital lifestyle stipend
- Yearly paid professional development
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, WA or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we will only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.