See all jobs
Aug 31st, 2020
Our website is the main way customers learn about us and interact with us, but nobody owns it, and as a result, well, it sucks. The structure is a mess, there are landing pages that haven't been updated since 2017, the design is boring, and the content is confusing. At least we can admit it!
That's where you come in. We want you to take charge of our website! To make it a world-class site as good as the best companies in the world.
In this role, you'll:
- Reorganise the website & navigation into something that makes logical sense
- Come up with a new graphical design for the website, working with our design team to keep it on-brand
- Work with marketing to launch new pages that better explain what we do
- Look for ways to improve the site and keep it fresh and up to date
- Contribute to the bottom line by improving signups and activation
You'll be a great fit at this role if:
- You've built and launched multiple websites before, single-handedly
- You're someone who is an activator and makes things happen, not someone who asks "who's job is that?"
- You're self-motivated and don't need to be micro-managed, but love to collaborate and seek feedback
- You're obsessed with good website design and UX
- You're a generalist, not a specialist; you know enough about everything to be dangerous
In this role, you'll formally report to the CEO, and you'll interact with a bunch of teams, like customer success, marketing, developer relations, product, engineering and more. You'll be the person who takes all of the "wouldn't it be great if" and translates it to something live on our website. You'll also live within our Commercial Platform team.
Our website is currently built in ASP.NET Core MVC, but we're happy to change the technology stack to suit the right candidate.
About the company
We make Octopus Deploy, software that enables teams to deliver working software to production. We've become the "best in class" tool in our category by focusing on doing one thing and doing it very well. Founded in 2012, we now have over 25,000 happy customers around the world, and we employ 70+ wonderful people.
We're a boostrapped, profitable, growing business. We're not VC-funded, and our goal is to build a company that will last forever, while enjoying the journey and doing work that we're proud of. Our business model is all around understanding our customers, building great software, backing it up with great support and customer service, and making it incredibly easy to discover, learn and use.
Most of our team is based in Brisbane, Australia, where the company started, though we've spread to other parts of Australia, the US, and UK. Because our team is distributed, everyone works from home most of the week, so we've built a remote-first culture.
We've made our company handbook public, and it's a great guide to how we think about just about everything - including career progression and compensation, our vision and what we care about, how our company is structured, feedback loops, training, remote work and more. Please take a read of our handbook, and reach out if you think there is a good fit.