Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
About the Team:
The Confluent Go-to-Market Operations team is chartered with building and managing the systems, processes, policies and tools that will enable our sales team to achieve maximum productivity as we scale through hyper-growth. As a critical leader on the team, the Sales Compensation leader will have a strong imprint not only on the direction of sales compensation but also overall sales strategy and operations as Confluent scales.
About the Role:
As Director, Global Sales Compensation, you will be responsible for developing and administering a world class sales compensation process and building out the next phase of capabilities across the function. In this high-impact role you will work closely with cross-functional teams, including executive leadership, Finance, Data Science, and HR. This is a mission-critical role that will help usher Confluent through its next phase of growth. This role reports to the VP of Go-To-Market Strategy and Operations and will manage a small team of direct reports. This role will also serve as the main point of contact to support both operational and strategic timelines, policies and processes.
- Drive strategic alignment on the “shape” of business and go-to-market motions that senior company leadership wants to drive through the sales incentive program
- Develop and lead detailed compensation design and planning process that incorporates input from sales leadership and cross-functional stakeholders, individual payout modeling, SPIF design, cost and payout benchmarking, overall plan costing and scenario analysis
- Develop best-in-class terms & conditions, policies, escalation mechanisms and dispute arbitration
- Build training materials and calculators to ensure that every plan participant understands his or her compensation plan
- Ensure accurate, timely and reliable plan administration including quota allocation, plan distribution, monthly accrual support, and payout calculations
- Design and generate high-value reporting to plan participants and cross-functional stakeholders on plan payouts and overall plan performance.
- Develop deep analytics on commission plan cost drivers, commission efficiency, pay-curves, and plan effectiveness at driving strategic goals.
- Partner with finance, legal and HR to address commission disputes and resolve issues directly with plan participants and their management, as appropriate
- Present annual plan design and recommendations to senior executives, including e-Staff.
- 5-to-7 years of sales compensation experience, or 3-5 years of dedicated comp experience plus additional experience in Sales Operations or Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Experience with Cloud or B2B SaaS compensation concepts
- At least 2 years of people management experience
- Superior analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to present to executives
- Strong individual initiative, with ability to think through problems creatively
- Superior interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate well with employees at all levels of the organization and across functions
- Experience with incentive compensation software (e.g. Xactly Incent)
- Positive work style, focus on getting things done and a strong desire to learn and grow
- Strong attention to detail
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice
, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.