Would you consider yourself a SME with AWS/Azure cloud environments? Do you have a strong software or engineering background where you worked closely with development teams? Do you thrive in roles where you bring together various parts of the organization to accomplish goals in the most effective and efficient way? Have you worked as or had the responsibilities of a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)?
The IT and Security team supports the infrastructure needs of the company including internal and client-facing components. The team is crucial to developing scalable processes to support delivery of the Dragos product lines. In this role you will leverage your vast experiences and will lead by example, drive innovation and process improvement through business unit integration. In addition, you will reduce total cost of ownership through automation and thoughtful architecture and protect company assets and client data through layered security techniques and outward education.
This position is also available either in Hanover, MD or remote. Preference is to Hanover, MD but the write candidate could be remote.
- Proactively identify and resolve potential problems to prevent them from occurring and improve the overall customer experience.
- Prioritize workload based on severity and impact to customer and demonstrate a sense of urgency when handling cases
- Participate in knowledge sharing via involvement in technical discussions and Knowledge Base documentation
- Provide technical reviews of user documentation, product requirements documents and functional specifications
- Act as subject matter expert for cloud-based technologies within the team.
- Develop architecture blueprints and detailed documentation. Create bill of materials, including required Cloud Services (such as EC2, S3 etc.) and tools;
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Hands-on experience with AWS and cloud platform as a service (PaaS)
- Hands-on experience with Azure
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Knowledge of implementing Single Sign-On for Enterprise Cloud Applications
- Proficient technical problem-solving skills
- Clear written communication skills, including trouble tickets and FAQ creation & maintenance
- Scripting in Python, bash, PowerShell
- Experience with GIT
- Minimum 5 years of experience working within industry in related roles.
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Certification on AWS architecture desirable
- Ability to fill multiple roles simultaneously
- Hands-on experience with Network Devices (Fortinet)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience with virtual platforms, including VMware and KVM
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve different levels of hardware and client desktop issues.
- Linux/Unix operating system administration
- Understanding of permission levels across Linux and Windows environments.
- Start-up Experience preferred
Our mission at Dragos is to protect the world’s most critical infrastructure from adversaries who wish to do it harm. We help defend industrial organizations that provide us with the tenets of modern civilization: running water, functioning electricity, and safe industrial working environments.
We are practitioners who have lived through and solved real security challenges. Our team members have responded to incidents including the Ukraine 2015 power grid attack, analyzed the CRASHOVERRIDE malware responsible for the Ukraine 2016 electric grid attack, analyzed the TRISIS malware responsible for the petrochemical facility attack in 2017, built and led the National Security Agency mission to identify nation-states breaking into ICS, and performed assessments on hundreds of assets around the world.
We offer competitive salaries, equity, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401K and life insurance.
Dragos is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. Come join us!