Mid-Level .NET Engineer
At Roomex we are on a mission to build the leading platform for businesses to book, manage and pay for all their workforce travel. You will be working as part of the Roomex engineering team on a product used by thousands of companies worldwide. You will work on exciting customer impacting challenges and get the opportunity to gain state of the art skills in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You are an enthusiastic software developer who is passionate about building, learning and refining code/projects.
- Creator and problem solver, who sees what others don’t.
- Enjoy a working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You are pro-active and want to deliver features with a quality mindset in a timely manner.
- Working remotely, you understand the unique challenges and opportunities of working with a distributed team.
- You want to work with a dynamic and multi-functional team with engineers, support, infrastructure and product roles.
- You enjoy taking ownership of your work from design to production.
- You are a voice for continuous improvement in the teams development and release process.
- You understand the importance of customers in building great software.
- Min 3 years' experience working with C# and .net environments (.NET Core and .NET 4.6).
- Deep knowledge of SOLID design principles.
- Comfortable applying GoF Design Patterns.
- Microservices exposure.
- Comfortable working with both Relational Databases (Sql Server, MySql, etc.) and Non-Relational Databases (DynamoDb, MongoDb, Redis, etc).
- You are familiar with the concepts of pair programming, code reviews, planning sessions and seek assistance when needed as part of an 'always learning' team.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
We don't hire based on experience with a handful of tools. Instead, we want smart, capable, and experienced people who can learn our tools quickly (and suggest new ones where needed). Prior experience with our stack or similar is however is a bonus. Here's what we use:
- On the Frontend we use Angular and a custom component library to deliver an industry leading experience for our users.
- Automated test suits using Protractor and Cucumber testing frameworks.
- CI/CD pipeline, docker, TeamCity, Octopus
- AWS, ECS, EC2, Athena, ApiGateway, serverless lambda, SNS, SQS, etc.
- Backend is driven by .NET Core and employs state-of-the-art programming techniques like multi-threading, asynchronous programming, message driven architectures, distributed systems and microservices.
- Working towards Continuous Integration with integrated testing pipeline to allow us to deploy to live, with confidence, multiple times a day.
- Although most of our core logic is written in C#, in Roomex.com we use the right tool for the job when it makes sense.
- Mentoring and coaching programs across the team.
- We have lots of exciting challenges which need to be solved utilizing the latest technology.
What we offer
We offer competitive benefits including remote first working, healthcare or wellness pack, pension, life assurance and discounted hotels for when your taking holidays.
In this role at Roomex we can promise the successful candidate an unparalleled opportunity to develop state of the art skills in a fast-paced startup environment with the most cutting-edge technology out there. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-growth startup with enormous potential and to develop a host of new skills and experiences.
Roomex is rolling out new products and entering new markets. We're looking for people who are interested in rolling up their sleeves and getting stuck in to building some amazing software which we believe will transform the travel industry. If this sounds like the kind of challenge you are interested in then please get in touch.