Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
We are looking for a Business Development Director to develop and lead our Global Microsoft GTM Relationship. This will include direct customer, seller and joint partner engagements.
Apache Kafka™ and Confluent are powering the transformation to real-time business across various industries and that is having a profound impact on traditional business. This shift is opening up unprecedented opportunities across industries from Financial Services, Healthcare to Manufacturing and Retail.
We are seeing a significant increase in customer and partners interested in driving large Confluent/Kafka projects on Azure. We need someone to join the team who is willing to jump in and execute on the current opportunities while building the relationships and engagement to drive our partner business to the next level of success
- Lead Global GTM relationship between Microsoft and Confluent - accelerating the bookings and business impact for both organizations
- Develop and execute a joint business plan, outlining an overall Alliance strategy, including Product and Solution Roadmaps, GTM, Sales and Consumption Targets
- Ensure Confluent is optimally positioned within Azure’s product and program structure, including broader Azure ecosystem
- Based on deep knowledge of Microsoft GTM and sales motions, build and scale the global GTM and sales model for the partnership
- Build a direct and virtual Alliance partner team to be able to execute the Alliance business plan
- Work with sales and regional partner teams to ensure successful local engagement on customer opportunities
- Recruit executive sponsors and key executive supporters within Microsoft to create a strong governance structure to support the execution of the partnership
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated success in establishing and driving strategic partnerships with Microsoft
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft and Azure strategy, products, organizational and operating models
- Ability to connect business and technology/solutions strategy
- Ability to lead the development of joint value proposition and GTM plans
- Track record of building technology partnerships that impact sales
- Comfortable navigating and driving initiatives with large industry players
- Experience working at executive levels to shape and align strategic agenda
- Experience working globally - in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific
- Strong matrix-management orientation and collaboration skills
- Experience with negotiating large and complex deals with industry leaders
- Excellent communicator at all organization levels
- Requires a minimum of 10-years of related experience in Business Development Partner Management. Four years of which in working with Cloud and Platform Partners
- BA/BS degree required
- MBA preferred
- Experience in selling Cloud solutions for or with Microsoft Enterprise Sales
- Experience working with Open Source software models preferred
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice
, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.