Our health system is broken, and it’s a huge problem. Costs are rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. At Sana, we're passionate about fixing this problem by bringing accessible and affordable health plans to small and medium businesses. We've built an innovative team with top talent from across the health insurance and tech industries to create engaging, modern plans for our clients. This allows our customers to offer competitive benefits packages while paying an average of 20% less than traditional plans.
Sana is seeking a motivated, highly organized, trustworthy, and experienced executive assistant to work and grow alongside Sana’s CEO and our high performance executive team. Our company has grown from 30 people to 80 people in the last year; fast growth brings with it a lot of competing priorities. Your job is to free up more of the CEO’s time and provide the executive team leverage so we can be more impactful as an organization.
In this role, your time will be split:
40% supporting CEO with business admin tasks
40% directly supporting the executive team and business at large
20% helping manage tasks in the CEO’s personal life
What you will do
- Keep the CEO focused on the most important initiatives for the business - setting weekly priorities together, proactively managing calendar and communications to make sure the most important tasks get accomplished
- Triage CEO’s correspondence, primarily over email and slack, building an understanding of what messages should be prioritized (news, investor outreach, services, etc) so you can be an effective filter and eventually handle a substantial amount of the correspondence yourself
- Proactively manage the CEO’s time - booking meetings and appointments, planning travel, and taking other administrative tasks off his plate
- Own executive team functions such as coordinating our weekly All Hands meetings, setting agendas and note-taking with our weekly department head meetings, collecting and disseminating status updates on company goals (OKRs), etc.
- Manage occasional HR and office tasks like collecting laptops from departing employees, coordinating logistics around team gatherings and finding vendors to provide one-off services for our office
- Assist with miscellaneous personal tasks, including finding residential contractors, coordinating with nannies/daycare, researching gifts, setting doctor & vet appointments, etc. The CEO has a newborn daughter, a dog, and a house - responsibilities he shares with his wife who is also a busy startup executive. Taking some of these tasks off of his plate can be a big time saver.
- 3+ years of experience as an EA or in a similar administrative function
- Austin resident preferred, but full remote is possible for the right candidateExcellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Extremely organized and 100% reliableExcited about entrepreneurship and business in general. It’s ok if you don’t want to be an EA forever.
- Fast learner. You adapt to new situations, processes, domains of knowledge quickly.
- High level computer proficiency, including familiarity with tools like Google Apps, Slack, and Zoom
- Comfortable working from home - we have an office in South Austin, but half of our company is remote; the CEO works from home often and you will have the option to work remotely most of the time if you prefer
- You can maintain confidentiality and use a high degree of discretion. You'll have visibility into a lot of business & personal life details.
- Pass a background check (ie no criminal history)
Sana is a modern health plan solution for small and medium businesses. We use a more efficient financing structure and integrated technology solutions to cut out wasteful spending and get members access to better quality care at lower cost. Founded in 2017, we are an experienced team of engineers, designers and health system operators. We have the financial backing of Silicon Valley venture firms and innovative reinsurance partners. If you are excited about building something new and being a part of fixing our broken healthcare system from the inside, please reach out!