Spreedly is a rapidly growing, growth private-equity funded digital payments company with headquarters located in downtown Durham, North Carolina. We've developed a high volume, global solution that makes the payment ecosystem better by bringing together a diverse range of merchants and solution providers from around the world.
Our employees help build a culture that values independence, transparency, and collaboration in a digital-first communication environment. We hope you do your best work at Spreedly and find a mature workplace striving to support the ebb and flow of work-life harmony.
We are looking for a Director of Product Application Architecture who is a practical product-centric technical leader to ensure that Spreedly’s business strategy uses proper technology systems architecture to achieve its current and future goals. The objective is to look 6 months to a year ahead and, with efficiency as a strategy, lead a team of hands-on architects to produce common solutions to support existing and emerging business needs.
The Director of Product Application Architecture must fully understand the business. They keep track of technology concerns, as well as those of the business, and strive to make alignment between technology and the business more transparent. As a broker between the business and technology in looking ahead, this results in showing how the current and future needs of an organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, and adaptable manner. This individual works with their team and other engineering teams to develop a corresponding roadmap and project plans, then support their team to execute on that roadmap.
The Director of Product Application Architecture manages a team of architects and is responsible for overall execution of their plan. Some work required to achieve elements of the architecture blueprint may be done in a federated manner, meaning engineering teams have responsibility for executing some or all of a project. The Director of Product Application Architecture is responsible for working with the appropriate teams to integrate or aid in these efforts.
Additionally, the Director of Product Application Architecture stays abreast of current and future trends in both researching advanced technologies and approaches regarding best practices in the field.
- Strong people leadership skills, ability to guide and influence
- Be a practitioner with efficiency as a strategy
- Understand business processes and have the ability to translate business problems/needs into technical solutions & technical solutions into business value
- Create a cohesive vision for the overall Spreedly platform to support evolving business needs
- Map out a roadmap and projects that help achieve that vision, execute on the plan
- See the world today and tomorrow and be able to design flexibility in the environment to avoid ceilings or rework
- Balance architecture concerns with application complexity and business needs
- Develop and manage project(s) with clearly defined goals, plans, risks, and issues
- How technology can be used to solve a given business problem
- Which framework, platform, or tech-stack can be used to create a solution
- How things will scale for the future and how they will be maintained
- Figuring out the risk in 3rd party frameworks/platforms and how to mitigate those risks
- Finding a solution to business problems
- Director level
- Reports into CTO with a dotted line to the Head of Product
- Architecture team reports into Director of Product Application Architecture
- Runs the Arch Council to collaborate across Engineering, Infrastructure, and Security
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Outstanding medical and dental benefits(we pay 100% of monthly premiums for employees + families)
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Medical and dependent care FSA
- Optional vision insurance
- Open PTO policy
- Remote friendly work environment. Even our local employees are remote 3 days per week!
- Tues./Thurs. are in-office days for local employees - the rest of the week employees are free to work wherever they choose
- Paid lunches on in-office days for local employees
- Quarterly visits to HQ for remote employees
- 12 weeks paid Family Leave
- Matching 401k plan
- Monthly digital lifestyle stipend
- Yearly paid professional development
If this at all sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you!
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, WA or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we will only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.