At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Are you looking to track down and tackle mission-critical problems head on? Then we’re looking for you. This is your chance to disrupt a multi-billion-dollar industry, change how the world accesses information, and reinvent the way businesses deliver amazing customer experiences.
Solutions Architects are a part of the Professional Services Group. Solutions Architects are not a typical consultant – you will be responsible for making our most strategic customers successful.
You will lead short / medium term engagements at the client location focusing on getting the product up and running, conducting architecture and use case reviews, sizing & tuning Couchbase and recommending deployment topologies. This team solves real world problems, using brand new technology which leverages indexing, key value access, N1QL and full text search.
Note: Wish to work from home? Not a problem - This role can be remote and located anywhere in Germany.
- Help our customers succeed by solving their challenging technical problems, all the way from design through to production operations. This means working on hands-on customer issues, and escalating problems as needed.
- Assist with all phases of Couchbase implementations, starting with installation, architecture design and review, deployment topology planning, tuning and providing best practices.
- Contribute to internal technical projects, which can include software development, benchmarking, troubleshooting.
- Work closely with the sales team and presales team on technical escalations and help grow opportunities in existing accounts.
- Assist with customer PoC/Pilots through effective management of acceptance criteria and issues escalation/resolution
- Work with all technical levels from managers, to architects and developers and explain the Couchbase Server technology and architecture.
- Be the technical product expert and trusted advisor for customers and stay up-to-date on the NoSQL competitive landscape.
- Identify and write internal and external technical collateral, like typical deployment architectures or best practices.
- At least 5+ years experience in consulting for enterprise back-end software, ideally database technologies.
- 2+ years system administration experience with one or more Public Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) including troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Strong background in Application design and development, Systems administration (Linux / Windows), Database administration, Data architecture and design, Performance tuning and benchmarking.
- Experience engaging with developers and programming experience in at least two of Java/.NET/C/C++/Node.js being able to undertake code reviews with the customer. Preference will be given to candidates who specialise in Java and .NET.
- Hands-on administration and troubleshooting experience with networking and storage architectures
- Familiarity with a traditional RDBMS including schema modeling, performance tuning and configuration
- Additional technical skills and experience in Containers and Microservices including Kuberenetes
- Scrum master and/or project management experience would also be beneficial
- Fluent in German & English
- Strong diagnostic/ troubleshooting process, with significant experience troubleshooting real, end-to-end technical issues
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to present technical solutions concisely across all levels of the organisation
- 3+ years experience with NoSQL databases or other distributed high-performance systems including data modeling, performance tuning and configuration.Self starter, who can work autonomously and proactively with customers and colleagues
- Demonstrated critical thinking and advanced troubleshooting skills and qualities
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field
- Prior experience in a fast-paced startup environment highly desired
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase has offices around the globe, and we’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Equal Opportunity Statement:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.