At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
You are a Security Engineer who drives improvements for sensitive parts of Couchbase Cloud products by building cloud security measures, integrating new and supporting existing cloud security measures, managing container and network security, fostering security culture, and advocating for security processes around CI/CD and cloud operations. You are the expert for vulnerability dependency scanning, threat modeling, and secrets management for the Cloud Products team. If you have experience developing applications on either of the three major cloud platforms- AWS, Azure, or GCP- we'd love to have you apply.
Here's a brief look at what success looks like in this role:
*In 3 months time- you'll have earned the trust of the team, have taken on independent code review responsibilities, and collaborated on the design of new features to build solutions that detect and prevent attacks and compromises.
*In 6 months time- you'll have implemented processes and fostered a security culture with substantially reduces the risk of threats from cracking our infrastructure or applications.
*In 12 months time- you'll have directly built and collaborated with the entire Engineering team to build the solutions Couchbase Cloud products really need to prevent and detect attacks and stop them in their tracks while establishing a cadence of predictable, on-time delivery with quality work.
This role is also open to remote work (USA, UK, India) as our teams are globally distributed. We are a remote-first team. Prior experience working remotely is not required, however, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy and will establish a cadence of on-time delivery with high-quality work.
- Design solutions and drive its implementation to protect Couchbase Cloud networks and systems
- Provide security expertise and guidance to a diverse set of Couchbase engineering and business teams
- Conduct security reviews of Couchbase Cloud corporate and production infrastructure
- Build security tools and processes using Go for critical infrastructure protection, monitoring and remediation.
- Build and expand our APIs and services, written in Go
- Collaborate with other engineers across the stack to deliver delightful user experiences
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and improve system security, stability, reliability, and performance
- Write various kinds of tests including unit and integration tests
- Smartly instrument software using techniques such as distributed tracing and logging
- Write and review technical proposals
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Key technologies this role will employ: Go (Golang), Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP, Burp Suite, nmap, Grafana, Prometheus, Alert Manager, Thanos, Terraform, Vault, Couchbase Server, Datadog
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and the ability to make realistic assessments of product complexity
- You are kind and collaborative
- You enjoy working remote with people from all over the world
- The software you write is sympathetic to the humans who will maintain it
- You care deeply about software quality and operability, and better ways of building software
- Value clear, open communication. We value thoughtful feedback, regular dialogue, and collaboration as fundamental skills on our team.
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss security in the context of complex systems including backend and frontend web technologies
- You have a strong understanding of commonly-used security technologies and their effective application
- You have strong knowledge of cloud computing concepts and environments (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- You love to write Go, more Go, and then a little more Go
- You enjoy troubleshooting