Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Atlassian is hiring a finance leader for our corporate finance team. You will run an FP&A team that acts as the “glue” across Finance to drive Atlassian’s continued success. Your team provides insightful recommendations to the Executive Team in support of our most strategic decisions and resource allocations. You will drive strategic, annual and operational planning processes for the entire company. You will work across our product groups and the Finance organization to drive the growth of our business, both organically and through M&A. In this highly visible role in the organization, you and your hardworking team will partner closely with the CFO to provide regular communication to our Founders, Executive Team and Board of Directors.
We are seeking a dynamic senior finance leader to help shape and drive forward the vision of one of the fastest growing companies in the software industry. With a passion to understand the bigger picture and think strategically, you are comfortable rolling up your sleeves and diving into intricate analyses, while also stepping back to develop a perspective on the business and drive outcomes. You succeed in a fast pace environment, look to solve complicated problems and are motivated to implement innovative ways to do things better. You also find Atlassian’s mission inspiring and one that is translatable to your day to day.
You are a natural leader, with a “get it done”attitude. You draw people to you with your energy and curiosity. You work hard, but don’t take yourself too seriously. You can build credibility with your knowledge of both detail and big themes and communicate effectively with Executives and Board members, driving insight and action.
More about the Head of Corporate FP&A Team and Function:
- This team handles consolidated company reporting and forecasting, including driving the cadence and rhythm of forecasting and planning cycles across Atlassian
- Drives decision making and delivers insightful communication to Executives, our Board and Wall Street/the investor community
- Develops and implements investment frameworks for annual and quarterly planning to ensure investments enable Atlassian to achieve our long-term strategy within the dynamic software industry
- Has primary responsibility for working with all teams that drive impact to the consolidated P&L below the operating income line (treasury, tax, legal, share count, etc.)
- Leads the financial modeling of M&A activities and plays a lead role in diligence and acquisition integration activities
- Regularly analyzes M&A performance against acquisition case and hold us accountable to learn where acquisition performance deviates from our original expectations
- Your key partners will be CFO, Executive Team (C-Suite), FP&A Revenue, Operations and Data teams, Tax, Treasury, Product Leaders, HR, Accounting Investor Relations
- You will have full understanding of corporate finance (i.e., forecasting balance sheets, income statements cash flows and related metrics / mechanics)
- Responsibility for the consolidation and reporting of Atlassian financials across all lines of business to Atlassian leadership, both product and finance
- You will create and present a monthly report that details the internal drivers and financial metrics of the business, and dives deep into key focus areas of performance
- You will prepare financial information and analysis for quarterly business reviews
- You will lead a team of 4 Corporate, Strategic and M&A finance specialists
- You will provide quarterly reporting, guidance and financial analysis for Investor Relations to support quarterly earnings
- You will conduct ad hoc analytics on key topics and metrics using financial, business intelligence and other data sources/systems
- Above all else, you will help Atlassian transform into a Cloud-first company!
ON YOUR FIRST DAY, WE'LL EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- A strong work ethic and are high energy
- Are innovative and willing to challenge the status quo
- Are able to inspire a team to deliver exceptional results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain financial data to non-finance leaders
- Have a proven track record to inspire change while still being collaborative and inclusive in nature
- Are adaptable and handle opposing responsibilities in a timely manner
- Given the global pandemic, have the flexibility to onboard in a remote, fast-paced environment - the ability to form relationships and effectively work with business partners across multiple departments, time zones, and functions
- Experience leading and developing high performance teams
- Analytical ability to drive decisions and metrics-based monitoring of performance and understanding of business drivers
- Previous experience on a Corporate FP&A team at a public company is highly desired
- Prior software sector experience is required, Cloud/SaaS is a strong plus
- Experience with M&A required
- A minimum of 10 years in finance
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Finance, Accounting, Economics), MBA is a plus
More about the perks
This role will be in San Francisco, centrally connected with our GTM and Community leadership. To support you at work (and play) we offer some killer perks: unlimited vacation, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, plenty of food and drinks (including beer), ergonomic workstations with Aeron chairs, 20% work time for your passion projects, unique ShipIt
days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage and more.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.