Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
At Atlassian, we're on a mission to unleash the potential in every team, and that includes our own. Thats where you come in. As a Program Manager on our Marketing Strategy & Operations Team, you'll work to boost the cohesion, focus, speed, and general effectiveness of the marketing team. You will play an integral part in how we bring our products to market, engage our users, and build our brand.
You will sit at the intersection of design, development, content, and campaigns. You'll be charged with aligning the efforts of a diverse cast, connecting the dots across teams and adapting to changing circumstances as you anticipate what's next. You will be an excellent partner in understanding your team's challenges, strengths, and motivations, and you'll help channel that at both the strategic and tactical level.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Facilitate project kickoffs, retros, offsite, and planning sessions. Knowing when to actively lead, when to create space for others to step up, and when to draw out energy and insight from the team.
- Support project leads to assemble teams, define scope, kick-off and smoothly run successful projects.
- Facilitate prioritization, risk identification and mitigation, resource allocation, roles and responsibilities across programs.
- Collaborate with other program managers to architect and implement common processes and patterns across marketing, striking a fine balance with enough structure to enable clarity of purpose and focus but eliminating constraints to speed, flexibility and creativity.
- Educate yourself on team goals and company priorities to allow your team to be set up for success in the eyes of leadership.
- Optimize your team operationally to ensure the right amount of process and plays are in motion.
- Partner and build excellent relationships with cross-functional teams to align and strive for well-thought-out and strategic Marketing goals and execution.
- This role is focused on working with our Product Marketing team so this is a really unique chance to engage with all parts of Marketing and the broader company, specifically Sales and Product.
On the first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Enthusiasm and experience working alongside specialists across engineering, design, content, PR, operations, advertising and product marketers.
- Experience running cross-functional programs and projects.
- Experience in dynamic, constantly evolving environments, and the ability to both respond to as well as motivate change.
- Core strengths around written and verbal communication, infectious positive energy, resilience and high adaptability, and a sense of urgency with strategy and a clear vision.
- Ability to maintain calm under pressure.
It's awesome, but not required, if you have:
- Led agile teams or know agile methodologies (Scrum Certified)
- Worked with or inside agencies or on service teams
- Experience working as a member of distributed teams, product and engineering teams, creative teams, or marketing teams.
- Experience working with or administering project management, workflow, and collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, Trello, Slack etc.
More about our team
You're joining a team that is defined by our connection across all functions in Marketing. Our mission is to empower our people to work with the highest focus, effectiveness, and cohesion possible. We're dot connectors, roadblock removers, operations wranglers, coaches, and stage setters. We're made up of product, operations, and program managers across Marketing. We are responsible for understanding our go-to-market strategy, building a planning and process structure that helps us get there by evening out order with speed, and supporting our team every step of the way. We kick off projects, overcome obstacles, learn and improve, and celebrate success. We take action and are natural leaders who are inclined to roll up our sleeves and execute. We recognize that our biggest impact comes from multiplying the empowerment of the teams around us.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.