A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit about this role:
We are looking for a data scientist with expertise in statistical inference, machine learning, forecast modelling, operations research, decision science, and/or business intelligence -- able to design and implement rigorous analyses and experiments. Are you a data scientist who cares about concepts like model interpretability, A/B testing, and statistical power? Then we encourage you to apply to this position
Responsibilities will include:
- Building the foundational data science analytical culture at a growing company
- Designing and implementing scientifically rigorous analyses and experiments to support the delivery of health care services and improve outcomes for our members.
- Communicating about data and technical analyses to non-technical audiences
Required skills and experience:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- 3+ years of individual technical contributor experience
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Python
- Strong experience in statistical inference, machine learning, forecast modelling, operations research, decision science, and/or business intelligence
- You are interested in greenfield projects. We are a growing company and we have only touched the surface of what we want to build.
- You’re a roll up your sleeves and jump right in kind of person
- You believe that data science is a team sport
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.