Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
The Product Manager will be responsible for the financial backend systems at Kraken. As we expand our global integrations and work with new payment partners, having the tooling to ensure total accountability and smooth financial operations becomes vital. Responsibilities include owning systems that accurately log and control all backend financial activities, close collaboration with operations teams, detailing of product requirements and end-to-end execution together with the technology and service teams.
The successful candidate should thrive in a security-focused, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to easily adapt and adjust to change without sacrificing the product vision. The position requires interaction with a wide variety of internal stakeholders at various levels of the organization. Candidates must possess the ability to clearly articulate the rationale behind decisions to business, compliance, technology and client-facing stakeholders. They must also have exceptional project management skills.
- Own products that help teams build awareness and control over Kraken’s global financial landscape
- Drive development of the overall financial support roadmap and implementation phases
- Anticipate, describe, and implement controls to prevent risks
- Partner with the technology teams on solution architecture, data flows and security models
- Develop top-level financial awareness with monitoring metrics and analysis in collaboration with business and data teams
- Work closely with finance, data, and key stakeholders for a comprehensive understanding and management of the needs of all teams
- Plan relevant testing phases, rollout and product delivery
- Develop product documentation including specifications, wireframes, and process flows
- Facilitate communication across all project phases and proactively alert management of changes to scope, timelines and resources
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles, impact on company KPIs, and banking
- Experience working with microtransactions or similar financial products
- Familiarity with company financial audits and soc readiness requirements
- Knowledge of the cryptocurrency exchange space
- 3-5 years of relevant product management experience
- Expertise in data gathering and quantitative analysis
- Solution oriented, highly-motivated and proactive self-starter
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
- Deep understanding of project management principles and best practices
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Prior crypto, trading, gaming, banking or fintech relevant experience is required
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us: