Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
At Atlassian, we are on a mission to reinvent B2B selling! We know that classic high-pressure B2B sales tactics don't work anymore. We've built a billion dollar, fast-growing business without those tactics, based on high-quality products, free trials and a focus on customer satisfaction. Those happy Customers convert to paying customers, crafting a prolific "Flywheel" that has delivered 150,000+ customers to date. We believe more proactively engaging our customers through targeted, outbound touchpoints will lead to higher conversions and recurring revenue. This role will own business design and sales strategy for our self-serve, low-touch, and high-touch selling motions focused on migrating on-premise customers to the Cloud.
The Sales Strategy Business Designer role is a senior-level individual contributor at Atlassian. Work closely with our Field Operations teams, you will represent sales go-to-market (GTM) cross-functionally with partners from Marketing, Customer Support & Success, Product, Strategy & Business Operations, Buyer Experience and Finance. Wearing multiple hats (business process designer, product manager, customer champion, operations specialist, cross-functional facilitator) you'll build out and refine a best-in-class “Flywheel” across various levels of customer segments.
The ideal candidate should be familiar with the following: B2B SaaS go-to-market framework, the value proposition of moving to Cloud, customer-centric design, and fact-based business cases to inspire change.
What we want to get done:
- Serve as a trusted advisor to leadership and facilitate alignment across internal partners to grow and scale the Cloud business
- Nurture development and adoption of Cloud Migrations Playbook
- Evaluate business design for Cloud Migrations, develop prioritized recommendations and drive consensus from key partners to improve business processes, technology, and human capital capabilities
- Establish metrics and benchmarks to track improvements based on Sales and company-wide Objectives & Key Results (OKRs)
- Minimum 7 years in Strategy Consulting and/or Sales/Business Operations and/or Product Management, ideally within a high-growth technology company
- Experience in a Program Management or Senior Project Management role with experience leading Enterprise-level projects
- Excellent business knowledge. You have a strong understanding of B2B sales GTM strategies and operations, and can contribute to our roadmap planning discussions with executive leadership
- Metrics-driven. You use data to frame, advise, and guide prioritizing and making decisions
- Problem solving pro. You can take complex problems, drill down into root causes, and make simple, impactful solutions. This will require you to think strategically but dive into details when needed.
- Thoughtful Storyteller. You use the principles of storytelling to craft messaging that resonates
- Strong influencing skills
- Experience working in an agile, constantly evolving environment
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.