Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
The Cloud Platform Engineering group at Auth0 builds the underlying technologies that power our Public and Private Cloud Platforms worldwide. The group is responsible for: storage, data infrastructure, service provisioning, compute, orchestration platform, build/test/deploy, and internal tools and services - all of the components that make up the Auth0 Platform.
We are seeking a Sr. Director of Cloud Platform Engineering to lead this group. The ideal candidate has a proven track record building large, scalable infrastructure, is a creative thinker, problem solver, teacher, learner, and is—first and foremost—a fantastic manager of people. This position reports to the VP of Engineering.
What you'll do:
- Coach and mentor managers from multiple globally distributed teams. Although you have a strong background in technology, your primary goal is to build a world-class, high-performing organization.
- Champion teams company-wide to become best-in-class in cloud-based software development while promoting approaches that at their core greatly improve customer experience (OS abstraction, right-sized capacity and scalability, global caching, A/B testing and deployment, simplifying environments, and rapid recovery).
- Leverage an obsession for the customer to lead and maintain a world-class PaaS, IaaS, Shared Data Cloud Infrastructure.
- Own the build & deploy lifecycle; drastically reduce build, deploy & rollback times while simultaneously reducing risk and exposure.
- Own the execution, tracking, and delivery of Auth0’s Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Service Level Objectives (SLOs), as well as identifying additional KPIs for delivering a first-class platform.
- Help lead the transformation from our legacy monolith infrastructure to a modern scalable service based system.
- Drive efficiency of scale while preparing our systems to support 10+ times current capacity.
- Passionate about building an inclusive engineering culture, with teams that are both eager to learn and deeply curious. You will be unifying several disparate engineering groups beyond your org, so the expectation is that you can create a culture that is able to attract, mentor and retain outstanding engineering talent.
- An experienced technology leader - leading, establishing, and managing enterprise DevOps, CI/CD solutions, automation and configuration management.
- A leader with a proven track record of successfully delivering large-scale services on public clouds such as AWS.
- A Director level manager and have led multiple engineering managers and teams (prefer experience managing other Directors).
- A strong people manager and experienced at growing managers to the director level. Your weekly one-on-ones are sacred and growing your management / leadership skills are just as important as your tech skills to you.
- Solid with Infrastructure as code tools and config management tools.
- Experienced managing and developing remote teams and workers, you can demonstrate the specialist leadership traits that enable world class remote teams to thrive globally.
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to simplify key messages, present compelling stories and promote technical and personal credibility with internal and external stakeholders.
- Deeply familiar with understanding distributed system design, micro service architecture, containers and dependency management. You will understand how teams need to work to manage this inherent complexity.
- Comfortable with: SAS 70, SSAE 16, SOC, GDPR, HIPAA Regulatory Compliance Requirements and ITIL, PCI standards.
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.