Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Are you a paralegal with strong corporate skills who enjoys leading complex projects, executing quickly and with precision, working with cross-functional teams and finding creative ways to build structure? Are you intrigued by a role with lots of responsibility, opportunities to wear different hats, and potential for growth and impact? Do you often think, “Hey, what if we did it this way?” and then work to make it happen? If so, let’s talk! We are seeking a senior corporate paralegal for our dynamic and fun-loving legal team, someone who will be a key teammate as Atlassian continues to grow and scale.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Public company matters: Help prepare SEC filings, including quarterly and annual reports. Work with external auditors and internal accounting team to support audit processes.
- Board and shareholder meetings: Draft board and committee minutes/resolutions and maintain our minute books and corporate records. Lead preparations for our annual shareholder meeting, including related documents and processes.
- Subsidiary management: Lead corporate compliance matters for Atlassian’s various US and international subsidiaries. Coordinate subsidiary board and shareholder meetings. Help to establish new entities and offices, and work extensively with tax, treasury and other departments and outside counsel.
- Transactional matters: Assist with due diligence, document preparation and execution, and closing and integration for acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
- Insurance: Work with insurance brokers, prepare and submit applications, and handle various insurance policies.
- Cross-functional support / special projects: Assist with both routine matters and strategic projects, involving stock administration, treasury, tax, internal audit, employment/HR, real estate and other teams.
- Project management: Look for opportunities to improve processes that will positively impact the legal team and its counterparts and help us scale.
MORE ABOUT THE QUALIFICATIONS OF AN IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has 7+ years of relevant corporate experience, ideally at both a major law firm and in-house at a public company.
- Has experience as a manager, as this role will lead our Corporate Paralegal.
- Experience with SEC filings and requirements.
- Can execute under pressure and within timelines, with tremendous organization, effective prioritization, attention to detail and strong sense of ownership.
- Loves sizing up unstructured or ad hoc situations and crafting a strategy to build processes that improve accuracy or efficiency, while remaining flexible and adaptable.
- Is able to be respectful yet effective in communicating with others and accomplishing work.
- Has experience and is comfortable working alongside senior management teams and board members.
- Is a great teammate who is also comfortable working independently with minimal oversight.
- Can manage legal budgets, including tracking and submitting budgets, accruals and invoices.
- Is familiar with Atlassian products and/or is excited to learn more about them and put them to use.
- Is a notary public (don’t worry, if you’re not, we can help make that happen after you get here).
- Has a healthy sense of humor, with a how-can-I-help, get-it-done attitude.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.