Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
As Senior Program Managers within Operations Enablement, we lead high-visibility, high-impact programs and projects for Atlassian's CSS organization. These range from technical delivery, analytics deep dives, customer insights, operational efficiency, and organizational change. We work with teams across the globe to drive outcomes, align with leaders and partners, action risks, and deliver value to our customers. We are adaptable and understand the need to experiment and pivot in a fast-moving environment that’s always changing. We love teamwork and collaboration and are motivated to ensure that our team is a smooth running engine.
This role requires an experienced strategist and communicator to work cross-functionally across Support, Product, Design, Technology, Finance, Marketing, and Compliance teams (and all the other teams we collaborate with on a regular basis!). It requires an understanding of how a larger scale business operates and an ability to hold your own in high level, high stakes, decision-making conversations. You'll need the ability to spin up a model on a whiteboard, write a strategy page on Confluence, and jump into Jira to build the right structure for your teams' work.
Does this sound exciting?
· Experienced collaborator and an excellent communicator. Others seek your mentorship on crafting and delivering comms
· Highly driven to deliver outcomes. You own the success, failures, and learnings of your programs. You lead and inspire your cross-
functional teams with confidence
· Adaptable and thrives in change. You love feedback and know that it's a cornerstone of growth
· Passionate about technology, customers, and operations. You are curious to learn the details and quick to develop actionable business
· Excel at creating trusted partnerships with senior leaders. You are known for your proactive communication, considered decision
making, and clean escalations
· Believe that effectively managing change is at the heart of adoption. You have deep experience in global organizational change practices
· Have an infectious sense of urgency to help those around you! You're a mentor, multiplier, negotiator, and awesome communicator
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
· 12+ years of professional experience in program, product, and operations management
· Experience building a program from scratch, developing a strategy informed by research, and crafting the implementation and change
· An analytic rigor, drive to support decisions with data, and ability to make data digestible to diverse audiences
· Experience in diagnosing friction in teams, moving them to good, and going above and beyond to ensure they are great
· It's great, but not required, to have experience working in a dynamic software company with operations and support teams, located in different geographies
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub