Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
About the Role:
As the Global Commercial Sales Strategy Manager, you will work as the strategic advisor to the Global Commercial Sales VP and sales leadership in all facets of structuring, analyzing, and running the business.
- Provide thought leadership, perform business analysis and support execution of high-impact strategic projects and mission-critical initiatives to the sales leadership team
- Define sales strategy to grow and scale the Commercial business including segmentation, coverage, territory optimization, account targeting, and org design
- Proactively identify opportunities to accelerate growth by establishing or evolving processes, policies, strategies, sales plays, cross-functional initiatives, business/system requirements
- Act as the key liaison for aligning territory quotas/plans and managing compensation escalations/exception situations
- Drive standards of performance and specific activities that align with the predefined success criteria for the sales organization; track and report on these activities to ensure outcomes are on track/met
- Design, manage, and operationalize prescriptive programs and strategic projects
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong sales operations, planning, and analysis experience a must
- Strong understanding of sales processes, business acumen, and methodologies
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- A demonstrated passion for information and business intelligence
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail, experience using reporting and analytics applications preferred; Salesforce and Tableau a plus
- Proven track record of effectively interfacing with cross-functional departments and sales management team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills
- Advanced skills in Excel and Tableau; Salesforce.com experience a strong plus
- Experience with Google’s G Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides) is a plus
- Ability to work cross-functionally across all areas of the business
- Self-starter, able to establish own priorities, initiatives and drive to closure
- Works well under pressure of heavy workload and time constraints
- Strong understanding of Inside-Sales and supporting business functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, operations preferred
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice
, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.