About Iron Ox
At Iron Ox, we are re-imagining the modern farm, utilizing robotics and AI to grow fresh, consistent, and responsibly farmed produce for everyone.
Our experienced team of engineers, growers, plant scientists and innovators are passionate about deeply understanding and developing a new wave of technology to feed an ever growing population. We are a well funded, mission driven startup scaling to meet demand.
Who we’re looking for
A passionate sales and product manager that thinks beyond the traditional role of an account manager to build strength through integration and communication with operations, grow, engineering, software, and hardware teams. This individual should be willing to not only handle day-to-day account management, pack requests, inventory, and long term outlook, but assist in new product development, sales requirements, product Introduction, market research, facility bring up and business development.
With National expansion in early 2021, and two active farms producing in California today, Iron Ox is beginning to build a sales and business development organization that will lay the foundation for strategic growth as we continue to scale our greenhouse network.
As we grow, expect the role to grow with new challenges and responsibilities that will push you to learn, shift and rethink traditional business to make healthier food accessible to everyone.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer service driven account management
- Inventory management, pack requests, and logistics planning
- Daily transactional sales - fresh produce - delivered and FOB sales
- Support cross category SKU growth in herbs, leafy greens, vine crops, berries and more
- Assist in market research and new product development to better understand product fit
- Understand and report changing market conditions and opportunities
- Assist in business development and growth in new markets
- Continuously challenge and improve sales pipeline, sku mix, and direction
- 5+ years of sales management or agricultural product management experience
- CRM Software Experience
- Familiarity with virtual conferencing, Google Suite, and other communication tools
- Ability to develop, interpret, communicate and act on analytical tools such as Excel
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, analytical, strategic and competitive
Work Location and Travel Expectations
- Primarily work from home
- Commute to San Carlos, CA headquarters - 2-3x per month
- Quarterly visits to active production facilities
- Occasional travel to support business development efforts
Nice to haves
- Perishable sales & product management experience
- Agricultural production experience
- Consumer packaged goods experience
- New product development background
- Grow with a company founded on transparency, creativity and impact as we make healthier food more accessible
- Learn how startups scale, capital is raised, and venture backed companies are built first hand from an amazing team of engineers, plant scientists, business leaders, and roboticists.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
Our Mission: Iron Ox is dedicated to addressing some of the most significant issues in food security, now and in the future. We’re focused on sustainable, scalable food production for a changing climate and an ever growing population.
Our company: Iron Ox is a well-funded startup, backed by Y Combinator, headquartered in San Carlos, CA. Our primary production greenhouse facility is located in Gilroy, CA.