Who We Are:
At Flockjay, we are here to empower upward mobility through education and access. Our goal is to create pathways to future-proof careers for people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds. We have an experienced team from companies like Airbnb, Intercom, Dropbox, and Teach for America, and have raised capital from the best investors in the industry, including Y Combinator, Serena Williams, and Lightspeed Ventures. Tomorrow's companies will be defined by how they invest in people. Our team is small and growing - join us and make a meaningful impact. Let’s build a generational company together.
Who You Are:
As Flockjay’s People Operations Manager, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining an environment where individuals and the organization can thrive as we continue to grow & scale. The People Operations/Human Resources function is one that will support and align with the organization’s business goals, objectives, and strategies while also honoring each individual’s contribution to and journey at Flockjay.
This opportunity is unique as it requires someone who can thrive in both day-to-day execution while also collaborating on strategy. This includes rolling up your sleeves to ensure every team member at Flockjay is supported, while also zooming out to work on building our longer-term people strategy as we grow & scale.
In this role you will report directly to our Head of People & Talent and interact closely with members of all teams while helping to define and advance our Mission- and Core Values-driven culture.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage our benefit offerings and lead annual open enrollment for all employees, including: health insurance, wellness and engagement initiatives, and other rewards programs that are competitive and comprehensive
- Own our employee performance management & evaluation process via CultureAmp
- Manage Payroll for all Flockjay employees & contractors
- Regularly seek both formal and informal feedback from all teams in order to improve employee engagement and employee performance
- Develop and roll out effective Learning & Development opportunities for all employees
- Own all onboarding & offboarding activities
- Creatively oversee and manage all employee experience, delight, and events related programs across the team
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years of HR experience, ideally with a high-growth, mission-driven startup
- Passion for building more diverse and inclusive environments
- Proven project and change management skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Self-starter with compelling written/verbal communication and active listening skills
- Solid knowledge in all areas of HR and employment law
- Experience with remote-first work cultures is a bonus
- PHR or SPHR certification is a bonus
What You'll Get:
- Getting in on the ground floor of an innovative mission-first, people-first company where you'll have the support to pursue your passions
- Competitive salary & meaningful equity in a well-funded startup experiencing hyper-growth
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly health and wellness stipend
- Flexible, uncapped paid time off, in addition to 20+ company-wide holidays
- Remote-first work environment
- Fully equipped workstation
- Ability to make a real, measurable impact on DEI initiatives - both internally & externally within the industry
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Flockjay
We believe diversity is strength & difference is a teacher. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We strive to provide the support required to create a safe, positive environment.
We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We believe organizations must build diversity, inclusion, and belonging into their DNA. Those that do so will build better products, provide better services, and be positive forces in the world.