At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Documentation at Couchbase is a crucial component of the product experience. As the Technical Writer for Couchbase Cloud, you will work closely with a global team spread across the US, UK, and India to deliver documentation that helps our customers be successful. Working in a fast-paced environment, you experience the immediate and direct impact of your contributions through frequent (monthly) releases to our rapidly growing base of global customers.
You are passionate about simplifying concepts and procedures for complex distributed systems in a simple, example-first approach. You have strong interpersonal skills and look for innovative ways to collaborate with the extended team.
Note: Wish to work from home? Not a problem - This role can be remote and located anywhere in the United Kingdom or United States.
- Create documentation and other help content such as tutorials, sample code, best practices, API docs, videos, to ensure the success of our customers
- Walk in the customers’ shoes by playing with the software and ensure that the documentation reflects best practices
- Work closely with the stakeholders to ensure that features, enhancements, and changes are fully documented
- Work closely with stakeholders to deliver completed documentation for monthly releases
- Proactively engage with Support Engineers and other stakeholders to gather feedback and iterate frequently to keep the help content relevant and up-to-date
- Write clearly in English, using a simple, conversational tone
- Bachelor's degree in Tech/Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing
- 5+ years of experience documenting Cloud/SaaS/complex distributed systems/ cloud-native database infrastructure
- Basic familiarity with Amazon Web Service or other cloud infrastructure platforms is required
- Strong understanding of Cloud platforms, operating systems, networking, databases, and security. Knowledge of relational or document databases is preferred.
- Be knowledgeable about a wide range of cloud and open source technologies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with text-based authoring with Asciidoc or Markdown and collaborative authoring practices
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.